What are you drinking right now?

IMG_20191102_165404729-1209x1612.jpg

My Nautical Star. Just got home from our new, and only local brew pub. Not impressed with their tap lineup at all. They did have a nice Pigeon Head Black Lager and Fresh Squeezed, so at least a couple of decent beers. The food was meh. Definitely didn't make the pub grub level.

Nautical Star.jpg

My latest house IPA has cleared better than expected. Using Warrior instead of Chinook for bittering has taken the edge that I love off. Will be trying it again with a supplemental bittering addition of Warrior at 30. May just be going back to Chinook for this one. Definitely not done playing with Warrior though.
House IPA.jpg

My latest house IPA has cleared better than expected. Using Warrior instead of Chinook for bittering has taken the edge that I love off. Will be trying it again with a supplemental bittering addition of Warrior at 30. May just be going back to Chinook for this one. Definitely not done playing with Warrior though.
View attachment 7783
Lookin good Bob sounds like you've narrowed things down on this beverage. That's one thing I've gotta do more is brew more of my recipies instead of creating new ones all the time. And you know that was one of my brew years resolutions well that's gone out the window :p.

Had to have a dunkel after planning one out over the weekend. I really like this one, they also have a double dunkel that is fantastic.
15728250681158950000591450386559.jpg
This brewery does great lagers.

Lookin good Bob sounds like you've narrowed things down on this beverage. That's one thing I've gotta do more is brew more of my recipies instead of creating new ones all the time. And you know that was one of my brew years resolutions well that's gone out the window :p.

This IPA is dialed in. Just playing with Warrior to see how to use it more to my taste. I pretty much brewed different beers every time for most of my brewing time. Got one each of m 2 favorite styles dialed in and plan on a couple more soon.

This IPA is dialed in. Just playing with Warrior to see how to use it more to my taste. I pretty much brewed different beers every time for most of my brewing time. Got one each of m 2 favorite styles dialed in and plan on a couple more soon.
There is piney bittering with Chinook at 60 cuz it has such a strong pine note. Warrior has very little pine and at 60. I use Warrior just for bittering and Chinook late for pine.

Still on water.... Going downstairs to put a Schwarzbier in the fridge for later!

There is piney bittering with Chinook at 60 cuz it has such a strong pine note. Warrior has very little pine and at 60. I use Warrior just for bittering and Chinook late for pine.

Thanks Dan. I'm using 2 ozs. of Chinook at 10 and another ounce amongst the dry hops. Maybe I just miss the pine. Getting about 31 of the 70 IBUs from Warrior at 60, as I did with Chinook. Gonna try ramping that up to 40 with a 30 min. addition. Thinking I saw one of your IPA recipes with a very high % of the IBUs from Warrior at 60. Maybe that's the answer. Either way, I love both iterations. Just miss the Chinook bite.

Thanks Dan. I'm using 2 ozs. of Chinook at 10 and another ounce amongst the dry hops. Maybe I just miss the pine. Getting about 31 of the 70 IBUs from Warrior at 60, as I did with Chinook. Gonna try ramping that up to 40 with a 30 min. addition. Thinking I saw one of your IPA recipes with a very high % of the IBUs from Warrior at 60. Maybe that's the answer. Either way, I love both iterations. Just miss the Chinook bite.
Just think of Warrior as Nugget or Magnum but with just a tiny touch of pine. Warrior has very little flavor at 60 which makes it a nice bittering hop. A Warrior single hop Pale is awesome (try it) and much different from a Chinook single hop, which tastes great and is a definite piney ale.

I was looking for more of a resinous bittering from Warrior. Maybe try it in later additions. I've almost dropped Magnum for bittering in favor of Chinook or CTZ. I do have a pound that needs to be used though. Appreciate the input. I'm sure I'll find a place for Warrior.

Back