Clicking "Edit" Changes Values Without Editing?

obesechess

Trial Member
Reaction score
Alright, now I'm confused.

I've got a recipe that's dialed in exactly where I want it:
aBIfbM7.jpg

but as SOON as I open up the recipe editor, without editing anything, just clicking "edit," this happens:
1yNhxBj.jpg

It doesn't appear that any of the values have changed - it's not like, suddenly adding or removing ingredients or changing the efficiency or anything else that I can see.

Any thoughts?

I am now getting an entirely different set of numbers despite not having changed anything.

jPYgkO5.jpg

That's been the biggest problem with the latest innovation... :confused:
The differences will have to do with your efficiency target - kettle or fermenter - and differences in the equipment profile that's used for your stored recipe and in the editor. I've noticed a number of times that " no profile selected" will show up or it'll be something other than the default profile. You can usually find a combination of parameters that will bring it to the original numbers that you had. That's been my experience, at least.

How do I know which numbers are correct? I didn't change anything, I just opened the recipe editor. I cannot replicate the old set of numbers by playing around with the efficiency, which is what I was hoping to do as I figured that was the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: J A
How do I know which numbers are correct? I didn't change anything, I just opened the recipe editor. I cannot replicate the old set of numbers by playing around with the efficiency, which is what I was hoping to do as I figured that was the issue.

Link the recipe and I'll copy and open the editor and see if I can offer any solutions. It may be that it just won't work now but they're supposed to have reversed some changes that were causing a lot of trouble.

Make sure you're linked to your equipment profile as well. I've noticed some of the recipes "forget" their profile after some of the new improvements.

Reactions: J A
i created/edited a few recipes last week that gave me obviously wrong gravity calculations and when i went to edit them today, as soon as they opened the went to the right/expected numbers, so i assume the rollback was the last few days? I was banging my head trying to figure out what happened during all of the changes to make it way off. I had to break out a pencil and paper damnit! :)

Glad it was sorted, a lot of the changes are welcome for the new targets, but didn’t seem to quite work as expected

i created/edited a few recipes last week that gave me obviously wrong gravity calculations and when i went to edit them today, as soon as they opened the went to the right/expected numbers, so i assume the rollback was the last few days? I was banging my head trying to figure out what happened during all of the changes to make it way off. I had to break out a pencil and paper damnit! :)

Glad it was sorted, a lot of the changes are welcome for the new targets, but didn’t seem to quite work as expected
At least you know how to operate the pencil and paper. I get the feeling many do not.

Yeah I had been tweaking a Pilsner SMaSH extract recipe. I know I had it dialed in to the ABV and IBUs. When I went back after brew session to add my FG I saw that the ABV was 3.18 and IBU 57. Beer is bitter AF. Going to try and fix it but I know the original calculations were correct. Would have never made the beer that way.

Back