Clicking "Edit" Changes Values Without Editing?

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by obesechess, Sep 6, 2019.

  1. obesechess

    obesechess New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Alright, now I'm confused.

    I've got a recipe that's dialed in exactly where I want it:
    [​IMG]

    but as SOON as I open up the recipe editor, without editing anything, just clicking "edit," this happens:
    [​IMG]

    It doesn't appear that any of the values have changed - it's not like, suddenly adding or removing ingredients or changing the efficiency or anything else that I can see.

    Any thoughts?
     
  2. obesechess

    obesechess New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    I am now getting an entirely different set of numbers despite not having changed anything.

    [​IMG]
     
  3. J A

    J A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    3,480
    Likes Received:
    2,699
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Austin, Texas
    That's been the biggest problem with the latest innovation... :confused:
    The differences will have to do with your efficiency target - kettle or fermenter - and differences in the equipment profile that's used for your stored recipe and in the editor. I've noticed a number of times that " no profile selected" will show up or it'll be something other than the default profile. You can usually find a combination of parameters that will bring it to the original numbers that you had. That's been my experience, at least.
     
  4. obesechess

    obesechess New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    #4 obesechess, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    How do I know which numbers are correct? I didn't change anything, I just opened the recipe editor. I cannot replicate the old set of numbers by playing around with the efficiency, which is what I was hoping to do as I figured that was the issue.
     
    J A likes this.
  5. J A

    J A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    3,480
    Likes Received:
    2,699
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Austin, Texas
    Link the recipe and I'll copy and open the editor and see if I can offer any solutions. It may be that it just won't work now but they're supposed to have reversed some changes that were causing a lot of trouble.
     
  6. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,439
    Likes Received:
    6,701
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
    Make sure you're linked to your equipment profile as well. I've noticed some of the recipes "forget" their profile after some of the new improvements.
     
    J A likes this.
  7. gcubed

    gcubed New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Media, PA
    i created/edited a few recipes last week that gave me obviously wrong gravity calculations and when i went to edit them today, as soon as they opened the went to the right/expected numbers, so i assume the rollback was the last few days? I was banging my head trying to figure out what happened during all of the changes to make it way off. I had to break out a pencil and paper damnit! :)

    Glad it was sorted, a lot of the changes are welcome for the new targets, but didn’t seem to quite work as expected
     
  8. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,439
    Likes Received:
    6,701
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
    At least you know how to operate the pencil and paper. I get the feeling many do not.
     
    DanC and BOB357 like this.
  9. Blue Ball Brewer

    Blue Ball Brewer New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Yeah I had been tweaking a Pilsner SMaSH extract recipe. I know I had it dialed in to the ABV and IBUs. When I went back after brew session to add my FG I saw that the ABV was 3.18 and IBU 57. Beer is bitter AF. Going to try and fix it but I know the original calculations were correct. Would have never made the beer that way.
     

Share This Page

arrow_white