Show your DIY Projects

So this is how it sits, got a quick release hooked to the pipe going to the fermentation vessel
IMG_20190522_132847838_HDR.jpg

You probably saved ten fold what a commercially available one would cost.

Hats off to you for the build!

An old buddy dropped by yesterday and while doing some taste testing we got into a discussion about when we were kids and had to cobble everything together to make some sort of circuit or electronic thing because nobody commercially manufactured that stuff. Today it seems we just buy a couple of "modules" off of Amazon and hope you remember that P=IxE so you don't blow up anything!

With that and further whining about our first world problems, I went to show off my Inkbird controller where the biggest challenge was finding something that was laying around to use as a housing, a repurposed ice cube tray!

I figure while I was showing it off to him, you guys might want to see it too!

20190630_081725.jpeg
20190630_081922.jpeg
20190630_082043.jpeg

An old buddy dropped by yesterday and while doing some taste testing we got into a discussion about when we were kids and had to cobble everything together to make some sort of circuit or electronic thing because nobody commercially manufactured that stuff. Today it seems we just buy a couple of "modules" off of Amazon and hope you remember that P=IxE so you don't blow up anything!

With that and further whining about our first world problems, I went to show off my Inkbird controller where the biggest challenge was finding something that was laying around to use as a housing, a repurposed ice cube tray!

I figure while I was showing it off to him, you guys might want to see it too!

View attachment 6532 View attachment 6533 View attachment 6534
Looks pro great lay out Ward better than mine slotted into a tuppaware container lol.

Well I'm back and hopefully for good. Took me over a year to find the perfect fridge. Not so perfect I'm finding out. Needs a new door gasket. Way more expensive than I thought and I'm sure it's going to be a learning experience installing it myself when I orde
1959 Coldspot
IMG_20190622_200734_038.jpg

Well I'm back and hopefully for good. Took me over a year to find the perfect fridge. Not so perfect I'm finding out. Needs a new door gasket. Way more expensive than I thought and I'm sure it's going to be a learning experience installing it myself when I orde
1959 Coldspot
View attachment 6577
I bought a $60 freezer recently and it needed a new seal seal cost $70 more than the freezer:eek: so yeah your not alone there.

YouTube is your friend for install videos needle nose pliers and plenty of elbo grease and profanities!

Way more expensive than I thought and I'm sure it's going to be a learning experience installing it myself when I orde
1959 Coldspot

That thing is old enough to be thinking about its pension plan! Check out Frost King weather stripping ( or do they call it Frost Prime Minister there in Queensland ??) next time you are at the hardware store! Keep us posted on the progress!

It is really cool looking! Brings back memories. If there’s no plastic inside and it totally takes a dump, back in the day we made them into smokers.

A very, very low tech project here that took about 15 minutes. I cut away all of the lower door shelves on my fermenter fridge so I can put the carboys on the very bottom of the fridge. No shelf needed, minimal lifting to get them in there, and lots of head space. Dry hopping gets easier too, in the past I had to remove the carboys to add hops, then lift them back in again!
IMG_20190824_1201385.jpg

IMG_20190824_1201438.jpg

This was my DIY project yesterday arvo a wheely bin worm farm yep not brewing related but been wanting to get a worm farm on wheels. Everything's better on wheels:).
But thanks to brewing I had all the gear for the plumbing.
20190827_053557.jpg

Neighbor gave me this year's back it's only the little size bin woulda been good to rig up as portable keg bin too:rolleyes:. That's a hatch port cover thing on front for boating it's for digging out worm castings black gold I tell ya!
20190827_053616.jpg

And there's me toes! Oh I mean in brewing terms my worm farm false bottom :D thankyou brewing. It's the bottom cut out of exisiting worm farm sepperate cut to size. Sat it ontop of some pvc down pipe cut offs. That white stuff is that geo fabric let's water through no soil and worms fingers crossed.

When I want worm piss I'll just open a ball valve attached to that bottom drain plug.

Oh @BOB357 it ain't patented so you can steel me idea if ya want lol :) :p!

I’m really at a loss for words to say. First photo I was thinking... I hope he’s not converting a used garbage can into something brewing related. Thankfully, the truth revealed soon enough. Never thought I’d think about anything about a worm farm today... but, now I can’t say that. And I’ve learned something today and I like to learn everyday.

Nice DIY @Trialben !

I’m really at a loss for words to say. First photo I was thinking... I hope he’s not converting a used garbage can into something brewing related. Thankfully, the truth revealed soon enough. Never thought I’d think about anything about a worm farm today... but, now I can’t say that. And I’ve learned something today and I like to learn everyday.

Nice DIY @Trialben !
I live in Palmwoods Aus it's actually a local idea and I had the parts there's is better the web site is wormsdownunder. Com cool ideah for all (well most)your green waste.

Back