What are you drinking right now?

Drinking thus BF community recipie. It's drinking nice now I'm very happy with it overall well ballanced beer even though I had a stalled fermentation it doesn't taste overly sweet I think this style helped if it was a lager I recon would be a different story. Very morish getting a nice roasty chocolatey aroma and flavour now. Thanks @Nosybear for the recipie suggestion a nice example of a stout/Porter I don't know the difference anyway:).
20190824_161520.jpg

It's an American Porter by original brewer's assessment. I'll go with that - Martin is a pretty good brewer. I'm going to do it as my fall to winter transitional beer. It got slid down my brew list because of the KBS error that left me with 6 gallons of a pretty roasty dark beer, much like this one, just stronger and with chocolate and coffee.

So, what was the KBS error? I like that stuff, but it's pretty expensive where I'm at.
It's the one where I had five gallons on the nose in the kettle, 6.5 gallons in the fermentor. Chiller leak. It's going to be pretty expensive anywhere: The batch I made by the time you count grains, yeast, hops, coffee, chocolate, cocoa nibs, vanilla, bourbon, it's just south of $100 to make 5 gallons. Pricey. Doing it twice makes it the most expensive beer I've made.

It's the one where I had five gallons on the nose in the kettle, 6.5 gallons in the fermentor. Chiller leak. It's going to be pretty expensive anywhere: The batch I made by the time you count grains, yeast, hops, coffee, chocolate, cocoa nibs, vanilla, bourbon, it's just south of $100 to make 5 gallons. Pricey. Doing it twice makes it the most expensive beer I've made.

Ouch.

Very cool play one words head first yep I recon JA just has got to get this glass in his collection.

Reactions: J A
20190825_162835.jpg

Gotta love this stuff! It is tropical. I compare this type of beer usually to those tart wine coolers. Not this one. Could tap this all day under an umbrella on some beach somewhere:rolleyes:

Back