What did you get delivered today

Here is the picture. My pot leaked using Teflon wraps so I used my old aquarium knowledge with bulkheads and came up with this. Just put a silicon bead around the inside of the external washer. Hasn't burned yet. Silicon sealant is amazing stuff. Zero Teflon tape.

20190620_193120.jpg

Last edited:
I have that same Kettle. It's a good one. I have a trick for sealing the spigot that doesn't involve a thousand wraps of Teflon tape. I'll take a picture when I get home. It has to do with silicon sealant and a washer.

Unless that thing is welded ...
Welded ports, but thanks for the tip!

I know that pump only claims water resistant, but I think it's ridiculous to not even come with a gasket to at least attempt to keep liquids out.
Yep just a good joint no o ring there is an o ring on the pump rotor end. So don't get to liberal with the water around them :).

Nothing wrong with a good joint once in a while, legal here in Cananabis Land (Cananada bis land that is), wait you're talking about the pump, sorry, never mind :D

@Craigerrr Is that the OBK cheap kettle? I have 2 of them, they're not the best quality but they do the job exactly as desired.

@Craigerrr Is that the OBK cheap kettle? I have 2 of them, they're not the best quality but they do the job exactly as desired.
Yes it is. A friend has this one as well, and has no complaints, so I went for it.

The metal is a bit thin, but otherwise I've been pretty happy with them.

Grains from MoreBeer just arrived along with a new hydrometer. Yes, I broke one that was about 5 years old. Dropped it and split the liquid. Was tapping it on the counter when the bottom broke out of it. Only use it to double check refractometer, so just got a cheapy. The 5 big bags are Viking 2-row extra pale. First time using it.
Grain.jpg

Couldn't help but think about a post on HBT last week where the OP was complaining about poor service from MoreBeer. I ordered this stuff at 8:00AM yesterday.

Grains from MoreBeer just arrived along with a new hydrometer. Yes, I broke one that was about 5 years old. Dropped it and split the liquid. Was tapping it on the counter when the bottom broke out of it. Only use it to double check refractometer, so just got a cheapy. The 5 big bags are Viking 2-row extra pale. First time using it.
View attachment 6617

Couldn't help but think about a post on HBT last week where the OP was complaining about poor service from MoreBeer. I ordered this stuff at 8:00AM yesterday.

Nice haul!
Complaining always seems to be a common theme over there. In between the d**k measuring contests...

I wish. Those are pounders in that box. Citra is getting hard to find now and getting pricey. One pound is all I need for the time being.

View attachment 6617

Did you get free shipping on that haul? Shipping for 55lb sacks kills me. That looks like more than 55lb. I have to drive to Sacramento to get good deals on grain but I don't do it because I'm Lazy (and I h8 Sacramento) so I end up ordering what I want from LHBS even though it costs the same as if I paid shipping...

View attachment 6617

That's why I'm not posting there. Someone is always pissed off about something or doing some bizarre mating display.

Did you get free shipping on that haul? Shipping for 55lb sacks kills me. That looks like more than 55lb. I have to drive to Sacramento to get good deals on grain but I don't do it because I'm Lazy (and I h8 Sacramento) so I end up ordering what I want from LHBS even though it costs the same as if I paid shipping...

Yep. That's the reason for 10 lb. bags of base malt. They actually had Viking 2-row for $.87/lb. in 10 lb. quantities. Free shipping on orders of $59+, but sacks are actual shipping cost.

A dozen diminutive 0.2 liter kolsch glasses (stangen) from Lee Valley tools. I hunted all over for a decent deal on these and discovered that the new ones you see on Amazon come from here with a sigificant markup. So if you are looking for some you can get them at Lee Valley on line for $17.50 plus a little shipping or if your lucky and live in Canadia you can get them at a store near you.

Prost!

20190716_171914.jpg

Last edited:

Back