What's your next brew

Next brew is another brown ale but with some home roasted malt i did a few weeks back when cooking a roast just trying to get an idea of colour contribution and flavour. I've got a bit over 300g it smells and tastes roasted and a bit burnt I'll probably add it all in it's not adding too much colour in this steep test just worried about astringency... will brew this later on today with a good crystal and oat cobtribution and set it to action with Kviek nice and warm
20190706_123359.jpg

Lemongrass Ginger Wheat! I love this combination of flavors.

Got two batches kegged today. Still have an empty keg and the fermentation fridge is empty. Going to brew the 3rd iteration of my Baseline IPA Sunday. This one bittered with Chinook, more Chinook at 10, Crystal at 1 and then dry hopped with Centennial, Chinook and Crystal. I do love my C hops and West Coast IPAs.

I’m shut down till mid August and could (likely many times) change my mind, but strongly considering a conundrum beer recipe that has no home in BJCP land. Been reading about this beer for a while. Checked all the forum posts, videos and podcasts. I have a recipe built and need to sit on it for a while. Oh yeah, what beer you ask. Yes, some of you may have guessed by now since most of you know I’m an IPA man. And the boss here is an IPA girl. I know, “Girl” is not politically correct these days, but she is as young as she feels/thinks she is, but I digress. Oh yeah, the beer! Drumroll please :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Session IPA :D

Something close on the horizon here. Picking up some supplies mid-week and will be attempting to clone a few of the craft beers we found in Ireland, including the infamous Galway Hooker. It's a borderline APA/Session IPA at about 1.045 OG and 42 IBUs. Typical APA grain bill of domestic 2-row, C-40 and a bit of White Wheat, hopped with EKG, Fuggles and Czech Saaz. Also taking a stab at Guinness' Rye Pale Ale.

Nice Bob! I was thinking 1.050, 4.7%, 50 IBUs, mashed at 156. Citra, Mosaic and Loral.

I’m shut down till mid August and could (likely many times) change my mind, but strongly considering a conundrum beer recipe that has no home in BJCP land. Been reading about this beer for a while. Checked all the forum posts, videos and podcasts. I have a recipe built and need to sit on it for a while. Oh yeah, what beer you ask. Yes, some of you may have guessed by now since most of you know I’m an IPA man. And the boss here is an IPA girl. I know, “Girl” is not politically correct these days, but she is as young as she feels/thinks she is, but I digress. Oh yeah, the beer! Drumroll please :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Session IPA :D
What do they say your only as old as the beer your feeling I mean woman heck I always feel younger when I'm feeling beer or ...:rolleyes:

Brut IPA for me, Have it ready to go just have to get around this weather first

Got some C-20 and Victory left over from the last set of recipes I brewed, so doing a pale ale with them before starting the next set which includes some of the beers we found in Ireland. This brew, and the next 5 will be using Viking extra pale for base malt. Excited to try it.

West Coast Style IPA, bittered with magnum, then citra, citra, citra, citra
Same recipe as the ZZ Hop I brewed recently, except Citra instead of Zythos
I was very happy with the result, looking forward to seeing how the change in hop comes through

Next is my first stab at Galway Hooker. It's a very flavorful Pale Ale and what we'd call a session beer as most beers in Ireland are. Pretty American grain bill with 2-row, C-75 and White Wheat. Has an odd mixture of hops, including EKG, Willamette and Czech Saaz. OG about 1.045 and 42 IBUs, mashed at 154 and weighing in at 4.6% ABV. If it comes in close to the original I'll post the recipe. It's a really nice beer.​

Decided on another version of this https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/869134/lil-ale
Last version was with mosaic it was an easy drinking light ale this time im usinga blend of hops to be honest I've not tried before anyhow will either brew this this arvo or tomorrow.

Oh another thinking trying this recipie is a mid boil bittering addition instead of my usual 60 FWH magnum. Brulosophy inspired.

Anyone else try this let me know?

Decided on another version of this https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/869134/lil-ale
Last version was with mosaic it was an easy drinking light ale this time im usinga blend of hops to be honest I've not tried before anyhow will either brew this this arvo or tomorrow.

Oh another thinking trying this recipie is a mid boil bittering addition instead of my usual 60 FWH magnum. Brulosophy inspired.

Anyone else try this let me know?

Two of my favorites that I use often. I've used them in Pale Ales and IPAs together, with and without other C hops. I will say that I get a sweetness that I don't care for when using a lot of Centennial by itself, but anything a bit more harsh, like CTZ, will fix that.

Back