What are you drinking right now?

Happy Brew day, gentlemen. Spotted cow in the jar, Bad Santanator (Dopplebock) in the Brew pot.
IMG_20190601_104919681.jpg

A wee bit cloudy - call it a Kellerbier?

Sitting out in the rain under the canopy, enjoying one of my local favorites by Northworks Brewing, Sprocket IPA, named after their neighbors dog. They say that every brewer needs a beer named after a dog... Enjoying it in a glass from one of my other favorite local Brewers.
IMG_20190601_1648037.jpg

Not right now because it is time for breakfast, but last night. One of the German beers my step son brought home from his recent trip. The only English on the label seems to be the translation of the name. Kloster-Gold Hell. It had the typical lager background flavor, had a surprisingly creamy mouth feel, remarkable malt character in the flavor, and the hops were just right. If I could buy this locally, I would have it on occasion, which is saying something as I am not a lager guy.
IMG_20190601_1917220.jpg

IMG_20190601_1917152.jpg

Needed a hop fix drinking Bruhaha's IPA nice pineapple aromas and flavours. It's also a celebration drink to the mighty Maroons let's hope us Cane Toads eat them cockroaches tonight in the Origin! And celebration to getting a Job I was made redundant Two weeks back so breathing a sigh of relief and drinking a celebratory glass or three in anticipation to the future.
20190605_172916.jpg

Ben, sorry to hear about the forced career change, I hope the new job is a good one

Ben, sorry to hear about the forced career change, I hope the new job is a good one
Ah same line of work (Pest Control) different company all due to the ebb and flow of economy...

Here's what I'm knocking back tgis evening some early quick carb samples of my Ginger Ninger brew. It's ok it's sweet exactly what I'm after it's not quite gingery and turmericy enough I was expecting more bite it's got a bit a bite there and I can taste that turmeric but yep I'll up the ginger next brew through. Perhaps some higher carbonation will give this a bit more life to it and maybe some head.
20190608_171004.jpg
By all means not bad though.

Ah same line of work (Pest Control) different company all due to the ebb and flow of economy...

Here's what I'm knocking back tgis evening some early quick carb samples of my Ginger Ninger brew. It's ok it's sweet exactly what I'm after it's not quite gingery and turmericy enough I was expecting more bite it's got a bit a bite there and I can taste that turmeric but yep I'll up the ginger next brew through. Perhaps some higher carbonation will give this a bit more life to it and maybe some head.View attachment 6357By all means not bad though.
Congrats on lining up new work. Always an uneasy feeling going through a change.
I still haven't seen or talked to the brewer lady who made the ginger tumeric beer. I've been in there several times and she has not been there when I have. I wonder if you could "dry hop" in your keg with more maybe?

Needed a hop fix drinking Bruhaha's IPA nice pineapple aromas and flavours. It's also a celebration drink to the mighty Maroons let's hope us Cane Toads eat them cockroaches tonight in the Origin! And celebration to getting a Job I was made redundant Two weeks back so breathing a sigh of relief and drinking a celebratory glass or three in anticipation to the future.View attachment 6322
Good luck with the new endeavour! Hope it finds you quickly....

Congrats on lining up new work. Always an uneasy feeling going through a change.
I still haven't seen or talked to the brewer lady who made the ginger tumeric beer. I've been in there several times and she has not been there when I have. I wonder if you could "dry hop" in your keg with more maybe?
Ah it'll be next time iiteration. A bit of higher carbonation will bring out that bite a bit more. Don't get me wrong it's there but subdued. I think next brew I'll up the amounts and add some ginger in the boil instead of all at flame out. One thing about this brew though it give a good energy kick must be some combo of the ginger turmeric and alcohol I was ready to go after a couple:D!

Drinking brown ale. I must say this is one of the best beers I've brewed for awhile I've ticked all the boxes on what I was hoping for in this beer. Clean malty well rounded and morish! I'm a happy brewer. When I brew again I'll keep the balanced water I'll keep the IBUs and gravity the same use some English hops and maybe add a smidgin more chocolate malt.
20190609_164657.jpg

Drinking brown ale. I must say this is one of the best beers I've brewed for awhile I've ticked all the boxes on what I was hoping for in this beer. Clean malty well rounded and morish! I'm a happy brewer. When I brew again I'll keep the balanced water I'll keep the IBUs and gravity the same use some English hops and maybe add a smidgin more chocolate malt.
View attachment 6373
It’s nice when it all comes together. Congrats! And a keezer teaser to boot. :)

I like brown ales, particularly American Browns. It's a great style! Glad you got yourself a good one.

Son of a peach milkshake NEIPA
Local peaches from 3 doors down the street, local hops from a few Km's down the road.
image.jpeg

Back