What are you drinking right now?

Ah it'll be next time iiteration. A bit of higher carbonation will bring out that bite a bit more. Don't get me wrong it's there but subdued. I think next brew I'll up the amounts and add some ginger in the boil instead of all at flame out. One thing about this brew though it give a good energy kick must be some combo of the ginger turmeric and alcohol I was ready to go after a couple:D!
Nice work on finding a new job TB, but there are times when not having to get up in the morning and go to work are a great thing, especially when you can just brew all day. Your ginger beer… I need to keep following you on that one, my wife is not a beer drinker… At all! But she likes ginger beer , The nonalcoholic stuff, but she's been bugging me to make one with alcohol. I've tried many off-the-shelf, and they all pretty much suck. So keep the chatter cumin on this ginger beer that you're making.

Drinking brown ale. I must say this is one of the best beers I've brewed for awhile I've ticked all the boxes on what I was hoping for in this beer. Clean malty well rounded and morish! I'm a happy brewer. When I brew again I'll keep the balanced water I'll keep the IBUs and gravity the same use some English hops and maybe add a smidgin more chocolate malt.
View attachment 6373
Damn that looks good, I'm brewing my Mad Hatter Brown Ale tomorrow. One of my favourites as well.

Sorry for all the posts, just trying to catch up with are you guys. ;)

My second Milkshake NEIPA. This one is named Tangerine Kreme. These are fun beers, and the chicks (my better half anyway) love them.
upload_2019-6-10_17-41-13.jpeg

My second Milkshake NEIPA. This one is named Tangerine Kreme. These are fun beers, and the chicks (my better half anyway) love them.
View attachment 6391
They are super fun beers to make and drink, and yes they are total chick beers. I can hardly keep them in stock, as soon as my wife's friends find out I've brewed them they just seem to start showing up !

Lunch and a pint with my daughter today at a pub called Beertown. She is having a locally made Kolsch, mine is a NEIPA from our newest craft brewery. It is good, but not great.

If you have ever been to Chico you would know that one of the attractions is Bidwell Park. There is a local distillery that used the name of one of the landmarks there for their vodka. Pretty good vodka too. Cheers to almendra distillery and Chico and Bidwell Park and low calorie cocktails. Cool steam punk monkey graphic.

20190612_155142.jpg

Monkey face. All kinds of debauchery occurs up there at night. The monkeys eyes are caves that come out the back end so night hikers can go up there and partake in all kinds of sinful acts

Monkey+Face+-+Lori+Mallory+Eckhart.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if you can see the previous image, but it's a wheat beer I brewed at home on memorial day weekend with my son and possibly future son on law.
No hops added til 100° in the chill

Back