UnComfortablyNumb

Trial Member
Reaction score
It also doesn't list the correct water profile as an option:

From recipe page:
upload_2019-4-19_12-40-15.png

From brew session water chemistry tab:
upload_2019-4-19_12-42-3.png

The recipe doesn't help me- can you grab a screenshot of what you see in the recipe, and then the linked water calculator?

Today I got the source to go over just fine, it's the target I'd selected that didn't show up. In the Recipe, I selected my local water profile as source and "Light and hoppy" as target. When I got to the water calculator, it had the source but the target was my 50% dilution of my local tap water.

Today I got the source to go over just fine, it's the target I'd selected that didn't show up. In the Recipe, I selected my local water profile as source and "Light and hoppy" as target. When I got to the water calculator, it had the source but the target was my 50% dilution of my local tap water.

Oh, now I understand. So the target (or source) isn't carrying over to the water calculator, or it's not in the dropdown at all?

Oh, now I understand. So the target (or source) isn't carrying over to the water calculator, or it's not in the dropdown at all?
It's in the dropdown, the water calc just defaulted to the wrong profile. I selected "Light and Hoppy" and my 50% dilution of my tap water came over as the target.

Sorry- I can't really see much and am trying to figure out what I"m looking at. You have your water profile in the water calc and can't pull it up from the recipe view? What is the correct water you wish to start with?

I have my source water profile setup in my recipe as "RO Water" (I added this profile if it makes a difference) and "Pilsen (Light Lager)" as the target. When I click brew and go to the Water Chemistry tab the target is correct but source only lists "NEIPA" in the dropdown. NEIPA is also a water profile I added but do not wish to use as a source. The first screenshot I posted is from the recipe page and the second screenshot is from the brew session water chemistry tab.

Last edited:
I just created this brew session today, and this is what I get in the brew session under the water chemistry tab.
No idea where the Target Profile came from --- should be London Porter
My source profile should be RO
It also did not pull in my salt additions from the recipe
I have included a snapshot of the water chemistry report from the recipe when it is in edit mode.

Could this have something to do with creating a snapshot of the recipe when creating the brew session?

Note also that the brew count is zero, but there have been 3 brew sessions for this recipe.
Could this also be related to creating a snapshot each time?

session 4.JPG

session 1.JPG

session 2.JPG

session 3.JPG

session 4.JPG

Good Question
Snapshot recipe shows the correct target profile, but is not linked to the water profile.
Snapshot recipe shows the salt additions, but shows mash pH as n/a as it is not linked to the water calculator record.

session 5.JPG
session 6.JPG

@Yooper This should be easy to reproduce. I just registered a new user, created a water profile and recipe with source water profile as the newly created one. When I click "Brew" on the the recipe there are no options in the source profile dropdown in the water chemistry tab.

Just saw the email for the new features. Some cool stuff in there.

But could someone please look at this issue? My workaround is to open the water recipe calculator linked from the recipe. Would be nice to just use the water chemistry tab in the brew session.

Just saw the email for the new features. Some cool stuff in there.

But could someone please look at this issue? My workaround is to open the water recipe calculator linked from the recipe. Would be nice to just use the water chemistry tab in the brew session.

It had been fixed- it is still happening to you?

Yes. Happens for existing and new brew sessions. Also happens on a new recipe.

Can you show me a screenshot of the recipe (the part with the water calc linked), and then create a brew session and then screenshot that water part? Also, a link to the recipe would help, so I can dig into this. Thank you so much!

Back