Conditioning fruit while fermenting with Voss Kveik yeast???

JMG1994

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey gals & gents,

So my question deals with conditioning fruit while utilizing the high-temperature tolerant Voss Kveik yeast. I will be primary fermenting my 2 gallon batch of APA with Voss Kveik at around 85 degrees. After dry hopping, I will split the primary into two seperate, smaller vessels for secondary fermentation ( two different fruits ). I am wondering if I should ferment the beer, and fruit, at higher temperatures or should I ferment at room temperature. Will lower temperatures harm the beer since it was fermenting at a higher temperature? Will higher temperatures mess with the aromatic properties and flavors of the fruit?

Thanks for your help!

Is there a specific reason you are fermenting that high? I understand the yeast has that temperature range, but unless that the room temperature of 85, no need to heat it to there.

Is there a specific reason you are fermenting that high? I understand the yeast has that temperature range, but unless that the room temperature of 85, no need to heat it to there.
At higher temperatures, the fruity and citrus aromas really come out. Otherwise I would just ferment at room temp.

At higher temperatures, the fruity and citrus aromas really come out. Otherwise I would just ferment at room temp.
Thought of that after I get the “send” button. But fear not... there’s plenty of experienced folks that will chime in shortly.

I've always added fruit additions like a dry hop after primary fermentation is done to try and keep some of them sometime subtle fruit aromas in suspention. So maybe add towards end of primary therefore getting the best out of the yeast and fruit...

Back