New recipe builder

I think by tomorrow all live site issues will be addressed. I completely agree that the latest version should have never been pushed into production and the response to fix the issues should have been much more timely. Appreciate the support in helping us understand the issues, we have learned a lot on best practices.

I think by tomorrow all live site issues will be addressed. I completely agree that the latest version should have never been pushed into production and the response to fix the issues should have been much more timely. Appreciate the support in helping us understand the issues, we have learned a lot on best practices.
Thanks TxBrew. I’ve been laying low on this one. I don’t use inventory or brew sessions and just print a copy of my recipe (wish it were one page again) on brew day and make notes on it. Thanks again for your effort.

Do you use inventory items and does the drop down list include your custom fermentables for you?
For me it work just fine. If I click on "Inventory" tab in recipe builder it shows my fermentables sorted alphabetically. Most issues has already been solved, there are still few glitches but at least recipe builder is usable now.

I think by tomorrow all live s....
Is it normal that beta is broken and live version works fine ? Hope you are not going to publish beta in current state onto the live system :)

For me it work just fine. If I click on "Inventory" tab in recipe builder it shows my fermentables sorted alphabetically. Most issues has already been solved, there are still few glitches but at least recipe builder is usable now.

Is it normal that beta is broken and live version works fine ? Hope you are not going to publish beta in current state onto the live system :)

Hi Misiak, the fixes on beta right now are intended to address some of the inconsistencies in fermentable entry and custom fermentable saving that folks have reported. Are you seeing problems with what’s there right now? Can you send over details on what you’re seeing so we can work to fix those as we’re testing? Thanks for your help!

Hi Misiak, the fixes on beta right now are intended to address some of the inconsistencies in fermentable entry and custom fermentable saving that folks have reported. Are you seeing problems with what’s there right now? Can you send over details on what you’re seeing so we can work to fix those as we’re testing? Thanks for your help!
Hi Josh, I had same problems on live and beta, but recently live works fine for me but beta is still broken. I'm not sure how that's possible but I'm talking about this use case:

If I add a custom fermentable on beta, the % value is empty and disabled and it does not contribute into OG no matter how much weight of grain I use. This is working fine on live system though. This would be problem if you deploy this from beta to live system.

Also if you switch from SRM Moorey to EBC Moorey in "Advanced Recipe Options" Lovibonds are recalculated to EBC (bug - label is not changed from Lovi to EBC) but then if I add another custom fermentable from the inventory the value is displayed in Lovibonds again. If you ten click "sort" it sorts but the Lovibond/EBC value is increased every time you click on sort - this is strange indeed.

On live this does not work as well but other stuff is more-less working.

Almost forgot, one great improvement would be if you can sort Brew Session Fermentation logs table (Edit) by date ascending - from newest to oldest ;)

Thanks for fixing.

Hi Josh, I had same problems on live and beta, but recently live works fine for me but beta is still broken. I'm not sure how that's possible but I'm talking about this use case:

If I add a custom fermentable on beta, the % value is empty and disabled and it does not contribute into OG no matter how much weight of grain I use. This is working fine on live system though. This would be problem if you deploy this from beta to live system.

Also if you switch from SRM Moorey to EBC Moorey in "Advanced Recipe Options" Lovibonds are recalculated to EBC (bug - label is not changed from Lovi to EBC) but then if I add another custom fermentable from the inventory the value is displayed in Lovibonds again. If you ten click "sort" it sorts but the Lovibond/EBC value is increased every time you click on sort - this is strange indeed.

On live this does not work as well but other stuff is more-less working.

Thanks for fixing.

Thanks for elaborating! Just to clarify, have you tried the beta site since last evening? We have some new fixes there we just deployed last night so I want to make sure we’re discussing the latest version.

Any chance you could try those on beta one more time and grab screenshots of anything you’re still seeing problems with?

I really appreciate this feedback. Definitely helps us keep getting the site back to 100%.

Except, no...maybe my browsers still hasn't caught up for some reason but even after several refreshes and logouts I get no inventory items. I'll keep trying.

We decided last evening that we would remove that inventory filter, because it seems to be a hindrance and not a help to anyone. I would guess that most of the group agrees with that, but if not, please let us know!

Reactions: J A
We decided last evening that we would remove that inventory filter, because it seems to be a hindrance and not a help to anyone. I would guess that most of the group agrees with that, but if not, please let us know!
I agree, it was a strange button anyway, for me inventory tab is enough - it's only thing I need because all my stuff for brewing is there so it's a great and quick way how to add my fermentables, hops, etc...

Thanks for elaborating! Just to clarify, have you tried the beta site since last evening? We have some new fixes there we just deployed last night so I want to make sure we’re discussing the latest version.

Any chance you could try those on beta one more time and grab screenshots of anything you’re still seeing problems with?

I really appreciate this feedback. Definitely helps us keep getting the site back to 100%.
Yes. I've tried it right before I posted to be sure. I will make screenshot, no problem.... Give me few minutes....

Since my inventory custom fermentables were at the top of the drop down, it was perfect before and the inventory filter is completely superfluous. Anything that wasn't in my inventory was in the default list and it worked great.
I'm still showing an un-altered editor with inventory filter. I'll look at it later and see it any changes have caught up.

Happy to report, the wrong malt origin displayed in receipt has been fixed on beta!

So these are the issues with receipt builder on beta I've found. See attachment. The first issue on picture with % works on live - don't understand how's possible? Has been fixed directly on live and beta has been forgotten ?

Attachments

• 2019_01_29_15_29_04_Window.png
    2019_01_29_15_29_04_Window.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 131
Happy to report, the wrong malt origin displayed in receipt has been fixed on beta!

So these are the issues with receipt builder on beta I've found. See attachment. The first issue on picture with % works on live - don't understand how's possible? Has been fixed directly on live and beta has been forgotten ?

That's great that the malt origin issue is fixed!

Very strange on the percentage issue and color though. I've made a few more adjustments on Beta, but seems like it's working there in my testing. Can you try force-refreshing the page, clearing cache, or trying in an incognito window?

Or if that doesn't help, can you see if there are any javascript errors? this is a good explanation of how to check for that:
https://kb.yoast.com/kb/how-to-find-javascript-errors-with-your-browsers-console/

For reference, attached is the behavior of that walkthrough for me on Beta.

Attachments

• color.gif
    color.gif
    868.4 KB · Views: 203

Very strange on the percentage issue and color though. I've made a few more adjustments on Beta, but seems like it's working there in my testing. Can you try force-refreshing the page, clearing cache, or trying in an incognito window?

Or if that doesn't help, can you see if there are any javascript errors? this is a good explanation of how to check for that:
https://kb.yoast.com/kb/how-to-find-javascript-errors-with-your-browsers-console/

Hey, thanks for feedback.

If I do it like you, it works... Even Lovi label is switched by EBC and it's recalculated properly. But try to add a custom fermentable from "Inventory" tab. Then is messed up and there I got a javascript error so I guess this is the reason why it does not work. So first you go to Inventory and define some custom fermentable. Then go back to builder and try to use it via inventory tab. This works fine on live system as I a said so it's strange. Have a look at the screenshot.

What tool do you use for making that gif video ? I would try it as well and show you, I think it's the best way how to describe it.... What browser do you use ? I can see you have much nicer checkboxes :)

Error:
  1. SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'value' of undefined or null reference
    index.ts (26,13)
  2. HTTP403: FORBIDDEN - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. (Beacon)POST - https://sentry.io/api/1176007/store/?sentry_key=1bf3f44ed68e4195ad7c6c3209f82a6a&sentry_version=7

Attachments

• 2019-01-29 20_11_00-Window.png
    2019-01-29 20_11_00-Window.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 151

Here I made a video as well.

Attachments

• issue3.gif
    issue3.gif
    953.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 2019-01-29 21_06_51-Window.png
    2019-01-29 21_06_51-Window.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 128
I just updated (actually, reverted) one of my recipes using the Recipe Builder. I used only the "default" malts (manufacturer not specified). Everything worked pretty well, I like the water calculator actually linked to the recipe. I had to search for "blackprinz" in the fermentables list, worked well. Hops, I had to fix them but they came through fine from the previous recipe. The print format still has the excessive space, can it be a local setting? All in all, I'm happy with the results I got.

There is still an issue with Yeasts and their selection. I have named yeasts in my Inventory that I can see in the drop down but CAN NOT select so that the name appears in the box. The FULL inventory amount of my selected yeast goes in but not the name - AND NOTHING IS SAVED FOR YEASTS when I save the recipe.
Selecting a known yeast from my inventory that is also in the main list is OK but I want to use my OWN named yeast from my inventory OR a named yeast from the main list.
What if you were to have your own scavenged yeast you call MyYeast in the inventory? Does it have to now go in the main list? If so who else has access to the yeast to be able to use it in thee FV? No one.... so why make it so that is the only way to have it in the builder?

Please fix this.

He's using a custom yeast - have you written that capability?

Here I made a video as well.

Thanks so much Misiak, that definitely helped. Can you check the beta site once more? I've made a few more fixes that should address the JS error that was happening for you.

All in all, I'm happy with the results I got.

That's great news, Nosybear - thanks for persevering on this!

There is still an issue with Yeasts and their selection. I have named yeasts in my Inventory that I can see in the drop down but CAN NOT select so that the name appears in the box.

Hi AHarper, great find on this. It does appear that that scenario was overlooked. I'm working on building a fix for this now so you'll be able to select those yeasts in the list, or at least choose them from inventory and have them work. Will follow up shortly on this.

I posted in another forum an issue I found: The volume is missing from "Fermentation Complete" in the brew log. I use a conical fermentor, there's always loss when fermentation's done and I transfer to another vessel or package so I'd like to be able to track the losses - more out of curiosity than anything else!

I posted in another forum an issue I found: The volume is missing from "Fermentation Complete" in the brew log. I use a conical fermentor, there's always loss when fermentation's done and I transfer to another vessel or package so I'd like to be able to track the losses - more out of curiosity than anything else!

Sure thing! That should be updated on the live site now.

Thanks so much Misiak, that definitely helped. Can you check the beta site once more? I've made a few more fixes that should address the JS error that was happening for you.

Thanks a lot, it works fine now! Also Lovi to EBC works. When do you plan to release the changes on live ? I can still see that inventory filter there :)

Back