HELP WANTED!

Yooper,

I would love to get involved with wiring articles for this site!! Homebrewing has changed my life and any way that I can give back to it would be amazing. I would love helping out new brewers, because I have made every mistake in the book; and it would also be fun to show some of the experienced old dogs some new tricks that they never thought of and/or discover some new tricks that could shake up somebody's brewing.

Whatever you need, I would be very excited to help.

Keep Me in mind!

Blull-

I have the notes from my last brew, along with pictures. Someone earlier mentioned an article about someone describing their brew day, I'll start kicking that together as soon as the beer is finished.
I have a patent pending on my brewday methods a simple 92 point checklist .
I could pare it down a bit if I removed all the steps that suggest " drink some beer " or " yell at kids next door " but where would the fun be in that ?

I'm not much of a writer but willing to proofread / translate from American to English

Hate to bring this up, but what is the copyright agreement concerning the information? I'm thinking of writing a book for beginning brewers and would not like to be involved in a dispute with this site over the content. And how do you intend to handle the international copyrights? Something to think about....

We would pay you for the article by giving you a premium membership for each one, or the same value if you were a Lifetime Member.

We wouldn't copyright, but would own the rights to the article.

I wrote a water article for the blog, and I can link to it here or in other places to give the information to others, but I cannot reproduce it for my book.

(I am not writing a book, that's just an example!)

I have a patent pending on my brewday methods a simple 92 point checklist .
I could pare it down a bit if I removed all the steps that suggest " drink some beer " or " yell at kids next door " but where would the fun be in that ?

I'm not much of a writer but willing to proofread / translate from American to English
OUCH!!! Go sanitise something, mate! ;)

I am about to start a Technical Writing class this semester, I am sure I could kill 2 birds with one paper

Coming late to this but I've recently started writing a few articles about my experience of home brewing at www.arthursbrewhouse.wordpress.com and would be happy for you to use any content on there if you think it fits the bill. If so just let me know which bits take your fancy.

Coming late to this but I've recently started writing a few articles about my experience of home brewing at www.arthursbrewhouse.wordpress.com and would be happy for you to use any content on there if you think it fits the bill. If so just let me know which bits take your fancy.

I would love to- but we aren't allowed to use content that has been used elsewhere. :( We can use new content, and link to your site/blog, but that's the best I can do.

If your still looking for bloggers I would love to help out, started about 12 years ago with a Mr Beer kit and now have a 10 gallon recirculation system and counterflow chiller and built my own electric controller ( master electrician, studying automation by trade).
If im too late thats ok, just trying to help out

If your still looking for bloggers I would love to help out, started about 12 years ago with a Mr Beer kit and now have a 10 gallon recirculation system and counterflow chiller and built my own electric controller ( master electrician, studying automation by trade).
If im too late thats ok, just trying to help out

Never too late! Can you shoot me an email at mail@brewersfriend.com with some of your ideas for a subject, and we can discuss this? It sounds like you have a wealth of information to share, and I'd love it.

Yooper, I may be able to help you guys out. I work in marketing as a content creator and copy writer. I would be happy to write a few articles for your blog. Let me know if you have some topics in mind. I would be happy to write about no chill brewing to some capacity. If you have a list though, I'd be happy to peruse and see if there's something I could write.

I think a regular "What I learned about Homebrewing ..." similar to the stories pilots write about flying. Errors and lessons kind of thing. Sanitation stories .... I have a lesson there.

I think a regular "What I learned about Homebrewing ..." similar to the stories pilots write about flying. Errors and lessons kind of thing. Sanitation stories .... I have a lesson there.

If you have an outline, I'd love to see it to get an idea of the gist of it. I do love the idea, and my "flood" story actually ended up in a magazine article, so I know there is value in these lessons!

If you have an outline, I'd love to see it to get an idea of the gist of it. I do love the idea, and my "flood" story actually ended up in a magazine article, so I know there is value in these lessons!
I think I sent something to your reply. Send me an email and I'll attach a short word doc there.

I don't know if someone already does it (or if it would be helpful at all), but I could translate the material to portuguese and reach more people here in Brazil. Some of the brewers don't speak english or, sometimes, are just too lazy to translate.

That sounds bad ass.

I think I can write. I've forgotten more than I know, so I'm careful about research before posting. I'm less of a by the numbers or style brewer, more just hitting targets and flavors. Brewing on ten gallon and a 2 barrel system, and occasionally do 5 gallon extract batches.
Let me know if I can help.

We're always looking for good content, so if you're interested in writing, please just shoot me a message with our ideas for an article. We are looking for some fresh content, with good information for brewers of all levels, but we do have a lot of pros and advanced brewers so we want something that can appeal across all groups.

I'd like to see something about adjusting brewing water. My tap water is probably close to toxic, so I use RO water.
I am NOT a chemist, and everytime I dive into any of the books, I'm quickly overwhelmed with anions and cations and mols and reactions and whatnot.
I am more interested in something along the lines of: add 7 grams of this per gallon, or for 5 gallons use 2 teaspoons of this and a teaspoon of that.
I realize you need different profiles for different beers, how about an article that gives profiles for different styles, based on additions to distilled or RO water, and simple enough for a non-chemist to understand?

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple, thus the water tools. Different beers require different water profiles. That's often an important part of what really defines a style.
Each malt and adjunct has its own unique influence on mash pH., so try to imagine how many different combinations are possible.
You can brew perfectly good beer with the simplest mineral additions to RO or distilled water and, quite often, get away without worrying about pH.
Why take that chance when you have a set of tools right here that allow you to go beyond that? Read the Brewing Water series in the blog on this site for some great insight on the subject. Learn to use the various tools here and ask questions you have.There are plenty of experienced brewers here that are more than willing to assist you with any questions you might have.
It really isn't as hard as it may appear. We all started where you are and we all survived.
Give it a shot.

Back