HELP WANTED!

I think a good topic would be how to write a good recipe, beyond getting the green check mark. Appropriate malt and hops usage, things like that.
When I address beginners, I'd address brewing priorities - sanitation, then fermentation control, the standard sequence of factors that affect the final outcome, actually in the order of their significance (for example, water, specifically dechlorination, comes very early, adding gypsum to affect an IPA's bitterness comes very late).

All good stuff. But that has nothing to do with writing recipes. I don’t think the intent is content for beginners only.

We are looking for writers to help us with writing fresh content for our blog. Our topics are wide and varied, and we'd love to have subjects that range from beginner and intermediate techniques to advanced brewing and scientific brewing articles.

Is the bar set as low as the AHA articles? I could post about how to read a thermometer. They already beat us to an article about washing bottles with soap.

I can write stuff real good! :D

I think I could come up with some subject-appropriate musings from time to time.
:)

I can write stuff real good! :D

I think I could come up with some subject-appropriate musings from time to time.
:)
I think you kind of hit the nail on the head. Some "serious" articles and some more op ed pieces to keep it entertaining

Most relevant brewing information has been written about already. Even cutting edge topics are covered pretty quickly in this day and age. What I feel is missing in almost all of these article, books, podcasts, etc. is consensus from a group of home brewers who use various setups and methods and the very similar results most appear to achieve.

Even though we use a variety of setups and procedures, we all make beer using the same basic principles. Why not compare the commonalities and differences and come up with things that work and/or don't work across the board. A group effort would be required, but the results would likely be very informative to most of us here as well as the brewing community as a whole. It wouldn't be a quick project, but I really think it would be worthwhile if we get a group to commit some time and effort.

Who's game to hash out some kind of framework for something like that?

Most relevant brewing information has been written about already. Even cutting edge topics are covered pretty quickly in this day and age. What I feel is missing in almost all of these article, books, podcasts, etc. is consensus from a group of home brewers who use various setups and methods and the very similar results most appear to achieve.

Even though we use a variety of setups and procedures, we all make beer using the same basic principles. Why not compare the commonalities and differences and come up with things that work and/or don't work across the board. A group effort would be required, but the results would likely be very informative to most of us here as well as the brewing community as a whole. It wouldn't be a quick project, but I really think it would be worthwhile if we get a group to commit some time and effort.

Who's game to hash out some kind of framework for something like that?
I'm happy to help but we all know I don't put much effort into what I write just look at my spelling from time to time:p!
I'm a bit of a babling brook if you get what I mean.... But am always eager to help when it comes to all things brew related.

Are you guys talkers or writers I already sent one in for review but it's about low oxygen Brewing so I might get tarred and feathered for it. LOL

Haha. I doubt you'll be flogged much here. Some techniques and procedures don't appeal to some, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal or apply to others. I'm sure you will still have an audience that is interested. Information is information and there are plenty of brewers out there that like to absorb all of it they can whether they apply it to their procedures/setup or not.

I can't write worth beans. I'm in the @Trialben camp. I can't spell worth crap and bad punctuation and run on sentences are my specialty!

Last edited:
Haha. I doubt you'll be flogged much here. Some techniques and procedures don't appeal to some, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal or apply to others. I'm sure you will still have an audience that is interested. Information is information and there are plenty of brewers out there that like to absorb all of it they can whether they apply it to their procedures/setup or not.

I can't write worth beans. I'm in the @Trialben camp. I can't spell worth crap and bad punctuation and run on sentences are my specialty!

I've seen it all too well on other forums where it has been shoved down people's throats and they were told they were wrong if they didn't perform low oxygen Brewing I don't believe in that I believe you brew the way you want to brew low oxygen Brewing just made sense to me when I started brewing and that's what I do

I'm happy to help but we all know I don't put much effort into what I write just look at my spelling from time to time:p!
I'm a bit of a babling brook if you get what I mean.... But am always eager to help when it comes to all things brew related.

I'm sure you have some good ideas and if we can't read them sober, we'll just need to have a few first :)

I'd actually like to write to beginners. I think we emphasize the wrong things early on and would like to try to correct it.

Think this is the way to go, so much stuff out there assumes a level of knowledge that is incredibly intimidating to new brewers. And a lot of responses I saw in other places were along the lines of "Read a book and fuck off!", which only drives people away. The beginners sub forum was a great idea.

I can't agree more with you folks on the topic of helping new brewers, that's why I'm still here, I found the help I was looking for, and never got talked down to, if you know what I mean.

Back