What are you drinking right now?

Went to a benefit "Run" for a dog rescue today. Had a Revision Brewing Company Blonde and a 10 Torr Brewing Honey Blonde. Both were pretty good. Plus lots of happy doggos so you can't go wrong there!

c348dc6fc0a8847db1dff37fcaf1b66e_c_666208064_1280x1280.jpeg

7cb25eb83f4245a6c49e2290eff129ce_c_666110985_1280x1280.jpeg

Yet another big storm small sized hail in it pea size strawberry murk beer tastes deliciously wheat and fruity.

Oh and that pool costs way more to run than my HB hobby.... especially with rain like this Alkalinity cyuranic Acid Salt hydrachloric Acid Nill Phosphate the list goes on more like a chemical bath at least the beer is cheap:p!
20181021_155636.jpg

Oh now they are just things of beauty I'd feel sorta bad drinking them their like works of art. Then again they look soooooo good not to imbibe. Prost!

Ovila Belgian white ale. A collaboration with the monks at the abbey of New Clairvaux; A Trappist-Cistercian Monestary about 25 miles north of Chico. This one needs to be poured carefully as it has a lot of yeast in the bottom of the bottle. I wonder if it would be worth harvesting? I'm guessing it is a Belgian yeast...

I don't think this one gets very far outside of Chico. The label looks like it was printed on an office printer lol.

20181026_173507.jpg

Last edited:
Ovila Belgian white ale. A collaboration with the monks at the abbey of New Clairvaux; A Trappist-Cistercian Monestary about 25 miles north of Chico. This one needs to be poured carefully as it has a lot of yeast in the bottom of the bottle. I wonder if it would be worth harvesting? I'm guessing it is a Belgian yeast...

I don't think this one gets very far outside of Chico. The label looks like it was printed on an office printer lol.

View attachment 4167
Tasty lookin beverage! I'm a bit envious of your closeness to Sierra Nevada!!

Last edited:
There's a lot to be said for bottle conditioning. The quality comes from a well brewed beer though.

Was drinking a 1.5 year old Belgian Quad and a 3 year old Wee Heavy this weekend in celebration of my 6th decade of life on Earth this weekend.... Both bottle conditioned, both still good. The Wee Heavy has started to take on a bit of umami flavors but they add to the original brew including cherries, cocoa nibs and vanilla. They've held up well.

Was drinking a 1.5 year old Belgian Quad and a 3 year old Wee Heavy this weekend in celebration of my 6th decade of life on Earth this weekend.... Both bottle conditioned, both still good. The Wee Heavy has started to take on a bit of umami flavors but they add to the original brew including cherries, cocoa nibs and vanilla. They've held up well.
Happy Birthday! :)

Back