What's your next brew

You're bathing in beer? :rolleyes:
Next up is a Piwo Grodziskie, followed by a Kottbusser, maybe kettle-soured. I realize the Kottbusser was likely cask-soured but I don't want to spend the time and effort and kettle souring allows me more control over the outcome.

No, I have friends and family and they all enjoy beer.

But I also experiment a lot, in the hopes that in the near future, I will have the money to open my own brewery. I am inclined to brew as much as I can. :) And I do love beer!

A British Golden Ale. About 4.7% and 39 IBUs. MO with 10% Vienna, bittered with Chinook and finished with Cascade, Notty for yeast.
May do another brew this week as well. Not sure what yet.
Had planned on starting a Barleywine last week, but the stalled fermentation of my ESB screwed that up. Will have to wait until we get back from our Canada trip late next month. Pitched an active starter of US-05 into the ESB and it took off and fermented for about 5 days, Will take a gravity reading in a couple of days, but pretty sure it finished well.

Just kegged the Kolsch, probably doing a 10 gallon Raspberry Blonde Ale tomorrow for some friends.

A late summer Nut Brown Ale. After a summer of fruit beers (Apricot and Raspberry), and a couple IPA’s, I’m wanting a simple and well balanced Nut Brown. So Sunday morning, the brewday begins as all the ingredients are now in house!

Ps. Been away for a while as I have recently retired and spent a little time learning some bbq techniques for the Weber Kettle.

A late summer Nut Brown Ale. After a summer of fruit beers (Apricot and Raspberry), and a couple IPA’s, I’m wanting a simple and well balanced Nut Brown.

i was just thinking about brewing one of these too. anything but a pumpkin beer...

FIguring out what i can brew...
I have Rye, Pale ale malt and kolsch yeast. For hops i think Saaz and Hallertau.
Something light and refreshing 4 to 5% ABV and low IBUs for late summer.

FIguring out what i can brew...
I have Rye, Pale ale malt and kolsch yeast. For hops i think Saaz and Hallertau.
Something light and refreshing 4 to 5% ABV and low IBUs for late summer.
If you don't have to use the rye, hard to beat a Kolsch.

And I think my next one will be another Jurassic Beer, a Kottbusser.

Planning to brew a Coffee Porter, namely "Coffee's for Closers". I last brewed this around the beginning of July, my OG was higher than targeted, ABV ended up being 6.5%. I did not add enough sugar when bottling so it was under carbed, but it tasted great.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/659796/coffee-s-for-closers.

One thing that I could use a little help with is the batch size (ferementer volume). When I select the batch size does that include the total fermenter volume including the trub, or is that meant to refer to the total amount packaged? This is a recipe from one of my local HB supply shops, with some adaptations.

batch size.JPG

do you 1 poor everything into the fermenter or 2 leave trub in the kettle ?

I will start a new thread in the beginners forum, don't want to take this thread off topic

I have some weird calculations where I end up with less in the kettle than expected but meet my fermentor numbers for some reason.

I have some weird calculations where I end up with less in the kettle than expected but meet my fermentor numbers for some reason.
Boil-off is variable.... Meanwhile back on topic, Piwo Grodziskie is perking away, next up is a soured German wheat ale, Kottbusser. Look out Grimm Brothers, we are coming for you....

Back