What's your next brew

Dragons breath IPA
Citra mosaic cascade

Brewing a 2.75 gallon batch of an English Barleywine the end of this week. Projected OG 1.010, about 65 IBUs and an ABV of 10%.
83.3% Maris Otter and 8.3% each Belgian Munich and German Vienna. Northern Brewer at 90 and 30 and Willamette at 5. Using Mangrove Jack's M-42 for the first time. Going with a full volume BIAB and a 90 minute boil.

Will put some oak wine barrel stave chunks in bourbon tomorrow for a good soak. Might use some extra bourbon this time so I have some to add to the beer and some to drink. Those chunks make for some good sipping whiskey.

Next week I start a Mango/Habanero hard cider. A little different twist to the Habanero tincture as I'll be using bourbon instead of vodka.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/681720/britneys-beer
Just formulated this brew named after me new rescue dog 7 year old border collie/cavalier cockerspaniel Britany. I guess the old familly had a thing for Brittany Spiers! Cant change a dogs name at 7 years oldo_O:rolleyes:.

Anyhow if you spot anything amiss let me know this should be ready by Bday.
Trying out a new hop this brew Enigma its called.

Raspberry wheat , with local berries, Wyeast 1010, and Belma hops. I will add puréed, pasteurized berries to the keg.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/681720/britneys-beer
Just formulated this brew named after me new rescue dog 7 year old border collie/cavalier cockerspaniel Britany. I guess the old familly had a thing for Brittany Spiers! Cant change a dogs name at 7 years oldo_O:rolleyes:.

Anyhow if you spot anything amiss let me know this should be ready by Bday.
Trying out a new hop this brew Enigma its called.

Just read a bit on the Enigma. Sounds really nice. May be a good candidate for a single hop brew when I can find it here. Solid looking recipe.

Just read a bit on the Enigma. Sounds really nice. May be a good candidate for a single hop brew when I can find it here. Solid looking recipe.
Thanks bob yes it sounds like an interesting hop i hope itf rewards me for me birthday.;)

Not sure what I'm going to do, have a lot of pale ale fermenting right now. Maybe more room temperature lagers if this experiment pans out.

I think I'm going to do a Piwo Grodziskie. I'd be working with a local brewery to get one ready for GABF next week but have to fund my brewing habit (work).

This weekend is a red IPA and an American amber, barely a month before entries close for our state cup so now is the time to get my shorter shelf life beers done

Last edited:
Couple days I'll be doing a Hefeweizen for the first time, hopefully I get quite a bit of banana flavor. I'll be kegging this brew..... drinking it, and handing it out fresh once its ready!

How did that turn out?
Let's just say I now know how to make an Erdinger-style Weissbier. It turned out amber, clovey, very nice but with the same issue as all other weizens - it doesn't have a long shelf life. I really liked it! A hybrid of it and a brewer friend's recipe will be at GABF this year.

A Mosaic featured session pale..... 3/4 oz/gallon in the dry hop should do it. I don't care for the hop myself, a request from a buddy. This beer will be my first experience with Golden Promise malt, and WLP 090.

Next bathes for September will be:

8.0% Imperial IPA with all NZ hops ( depends on if I can get all the NZ hops I want / If not, I will go with Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic )
7.5% Weizenbock with vanilla, lactose, apricots, mango and peaches
7.0% ESB with added dried plums and Sherry Oloroso oak chips soaked in dark rum
8.5% Imperial Brown with organic cocoa and coffee beans + vanilla and a bit of lactose
9.0% Imperial Baltic Porter ( with lager yeast ) with plums, sweet and sour cherries + vanilla + Candi Syrup D-90/180

Next bathes for September will be:

8.0% Imperial IPA with all NZ hops ( depends on if I can get all the NZ hops I want / If not, I will go with Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic )
7.5% Weizenbock with vanilla, lactose, apricots, mango and peaches
7.0% ESB with added dried plums and Sherry Oloroso oak chips soaked in dark rum
8.5% Imperial Brown with organic cocoa and coffee beans + vanilla and a bit of lactose
9.0% Imperial Baltic Porter ( with lager yeast ) with plums, sweet and sour cherries + vanilla + Candi Syrup D-90/180
You're bathing in beer? :rolleyes:
Next up is a Piwo Grodziskie, followed by a Kottbusser, maybe kettle-soured. I realize the Kottbusser was likely cask-soured but I don't want to spend the time and effort and kettle souring allows me more control over the outcome.

Going to do my first rebrew, Cit Ruby Cit. This is a Ruby colored IPA, dry hopped with 2oz of Citra. Hence the name, also my Golden Retriever's name is Ruby

Back