What you think about this?

Your recipe will not work as written. You have no base malt at all - nothing to convert the starches in the grains to sugars for fermentation. Torrified Barley has been heated to the point where all the diastatic enzymes have been denatured. Otherwise, it's a matter of taste - the hops and yeast you mentioned will make a beer. Next point: Crystal is completely out of place in a Pilsner, Pilsner's grain bill consists of nothing but malted barley. The bit of wheat could work to add some body. Another comment: Pilsner is a very demanding style to brew. I don't see enough of your process to know how you intend to mash, ferment cool, lager and so forth but I do see several errors that would push the beer out of the Pilsner style.

Your recipe will not work as written. You have no base malt at all - nothing to convert the starches in the grains to sugars for fermentation. Torrified Barley has been heated to the point where all the diastatic enzymes have been denatured. Otherwise, it's a matter of taste - the hops and yeast you mentioned will make a beer. Next point: Crystal is completely out of place in a Pilsner, Pilsner's grain bill consists of nothing but malted barley. The bit of wheat could work to add some body. Another comment: Pilsner is a very demanding style to brew. I don't see enough of your process to know how you intend to mash, ferment cool, lager and so forth but I do see several errors that would push the beer out of the Pilsner style.

Most lickly it would be some kind of ale i think too. Orginaly i had Crisp Best ale malt for base malt in my mind. Butt i didint find it here so i was wonderin if that barley would work...
"if you ask. You dont get lost" i think..
(sorry about my english. Hope get my point anyway)

Yes, as Nosy says, not a viable beer and nothing about it is a Pilsner. I suggest that you search the recipe data base for a nice Blonde Ale and perhaps add a little something that makes it your own. Don't try to start from scratch without some basic understanding of the properties and proper uses of different sorts of malts and grains.
Without some basic information about your equipment and process and level of experience, it's difficult to offer specifics but
here are a couple of recipes that might be good as starting places:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/381471/simple-bitter... One of my recipes that's an English Bitter that I've brewed a number of times.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/16156/biermuncher-s-centennial-blonde...a very proven recipe for a blonde ale.
There are dozens of proven recipes and I'm sure others will reference more that may help.

Most lickly it would be some kind of ale i think too. Orginaly i had Crisp Best ale malt for base malt in my mind. Butt i didint find it here so i was wonderin if that barley would work...
"if you ask. You dont get lost" i think..
(sorry about my english. Hope get my point anyway)
As Nosey pointed out, torrefied barely will not work as a base malt. Rather, you would use it in the way you would the wheat - a small amount to add body and head retention. It will also make a very cloudy beer (so change your beer style from pilsner to an ale...)
I'd suggest using either the wheat or the torrefied barely in a small amount and finding another base malt. 2 row, pilsner, Vienna or even Munich...

I think the best way to get advice is let the forum know what you are looking to achieve in the beer. What sort of flavors, styles, color - hoppy, malty, or balanced? Providing this sort of information will help get the best feedback.
Your local home brew store must have SOME basemalt available...

Based on your mention of "Crisp Best Ale Malt" and a quick google I would suggest Marris Otter, it's an English ale malt that will probably be close enough for your purposes.

I also don't think I'd try a Pilsner - see if you can find a good Blonde Ale or Pale Ale recipe - less to go wrong.

Back