Television Series

I'm not much of a TV-watching-person, mainly watch occassional British detective series. A US serie I really liked is Westworld, looking forward to season 2 for that one! Great story and great actors.

I'm currently binge watching Limitless TV show, funny as all heck and probably my favorite all around show, I cant believe it was canceled

I just finished watching Channel Zero. It's like American Horror Story in that the different seasons are different stories completely. Highly recommend just skipping to season 2.

Not sure I am "late to the show" or not (may have been mentioned), but I am really enjoying Dirk Gentley right now. Just started the second season.
Kind of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy gone mainstream-show with Frodo (well....the actor who played him anyway) in the lead role.

Not sure I am "late to the show" or not (may have been mentioned), but I am really enjoying Dirk Gentley right now. Just started the second season.
Kind of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy gone mainstream-show with Frodo (well....the actor who played him anyway) in the lead role.
Im guessing since you put Gently in with Hitchhikers guide,, you didn't read the Gently books?? just teasing, don't take me serious. :) They are doing a much better job of staying true to the original D.Addams characters, in Gently , than anyone has ever done in the 3 or is it 4 horrible attempts at hitchhiker movie/tv. Dirk Gently is right behind Dr Who in great scripts that make you pay attention.

Im guessing since you put Gently in with Hitchhikers guide,, you didn't read the Gently books?? just teasing, don't take me serious. :) They are doing a much better job of staying true to the original D.Addams characters, in Gently , than anyone has ever done in the 3 or is it 4 horrible attempts at hitchhiker movie/tv. Dirk Gently is right behind Dr Who in great scripts that make you pay attention.
Sounds like I need to read the gentley books! :)
I lumped the two together, because the clueless "human" not knowing what is going and more-or-less being forced along for the ride seemed to me to be very similar to how the Hitcherhikers story started too...

Sounds like I need to read the gentley books! :)
I lumped the two together, because the clueless "human" not knowing what is going and more-or-less being forced along for the ride seemed to me to be very similar to how the Hitcherhikers story started too...

Worth the read, and they are quick reads also at only 250 pgs or so.
Long Dark Teatime of the Soul was referenced on TV series when he said "Well, there was some trouble with Thor but that was a while back"

Worth the read, and they are quick reads also at only 250 pgs or so.
Long Dark Teatime of the Soul was referenced on TV series when he said "Well, there was some trouble with Thor but that was a while back"
Ah, cool, I heard that reference very distinctly and wondered what it might refer to. Admittedly, I also assumed that it might be revealed later in the series...

Last edited:
I've been watching Star Trek Discovery and have liked it so far. Of course, I won't keep paying for CBS all access once I've watched all the episodes that have currently dropped. I'll wait for the end of the season, then re-subscribe via Amazon, that way I can binge them and get by with only paying one month for the entire season.

Watching The Walking Dead marathon. Man, the older, unpolished episodes!!

I was always told the first episode was the best and it went off the rails after that, so I never watched any more of the walking dead.

I more-or-less bing-watched up through part of Season 7 and when I was all caught up stopped....and didn't bother watching any further.
Negan is a great character and worth watching some episodes just for him, but the story became IMO pointless somewhere around where they reached Terminus...

I just realized there are a lot of shows I watched a half season of, enjoyed well enough but never bothered to finish.

I've been binge watching Continuum. I've seen it before but I guess I was asleep, I missed half of it, good show, great story

you really have to pay attention to some of these

I did the entire series a while back... Currently watching Electric Dreams, one episode per night, finished up Star Trek Discovery last night. Want to guess how long my CBS All Access subscription lasted after that?

Back