• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Juddlight

Trial Member
Reaction score
Gonna brew this recipe today after work, would love to hear about anyones experience with this recipe.

One question about the dry hop. Is it for 7 days at pitching? Or 7 days before bottling?

Gonna brew this recipe today after work, would love to hear about anyones experience with this recipe.

One question about the dry hop. Is it for 7 days at pitching? Or 7 days before bottling?
Which recipe are you referring to?

Looks to me like the last 7 days of fermentation before kegging or bottling.

Well its been 4 days and the action looks really slow now so my question is when to dry hop?

Well its been 4 days and the action looks really slow now so my question is when to dry hop?
I'd still stick with the last 7 days before packaging. I'd give it 2 weeks, then dry hop for 1 more.

Depends on how long you want to leave it really. If the recipe says leave it in primary for 2 weeks go ahead, but I'm usually dry hopping after 3-4 days and kegging it after 10. It varies depending on how quickly things happen and how you want to contain your beer. I'd pay a lot more attention to completed fermentation if I were bottle conditioning.

Ok running my 2nd batch of the dust...everything going better but have some small flakey white chunks in my wort as i boil....nevr seen this before almos looks like fat or something...anyone have this prob before? Is it even a worry?

Okay, what the h**l is Zombie Dust? Never seen it, don't know who makes it, have never had one. Lots of people try to copy it so it must be good.... Where can I get one?

I made a Zombie Dust at a member’s house once, actually watched him make it. Only knew him because of the forum. All I know is it’s a really hoppy beer. Not my cup of tea.

Never had an original...its made by three floyds brewing, a citra pale ale. Im a dark horse fan out of Michigan, dark horse collaborated with 3floyds for a barley wine ale called oil of gladness. When i joined this awsome website the 3floyds recipe for zombie dust caught my eye, im now on a need to visit 3floyds schedule, pry happen this year haha, one of the most popular brewed ales on here..soo i tried it and its delicious lol as far as getting one you have to go to Indiana wich is on my brewery list

Sorry Jeff it is hoppy, almos 9oz of citra in a batch. I like a hoppy ale

Lots of people like hops. It’d be a boring forum if we all made the same recipe all the time. (We’d still argue about it, though! :p)A lot of brewers, a lot of recipes.

The very first recipe I found here was a Fat Tire clone. It was awful! It wasn’t balanced, but I never looked at the recipe, I followed my friend’s lead who told me about this forum. There were way too few hops in it, and I think not enough malt either. No green check mark. Another friend said it tasted like hot dog water. I’ve been pleased with most of the recipes I’ve tried here, but the vast majority of what I brew are my own.

Back