Zombie dust

Is this a good beer?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
The very first recipe I found here was a Fat Tire clone. It was awful! It wasn’t balanced, but I never looked at the recipe, I followed my friend’s lead who told me about this forum. There were way too few hops in it, and I think not enough malt either. No green check mark. Another friend said it tasted like hot dog water. I’ve been pleased with most of the recipes I’ve tried here, but the vast majority of what I brew are my own.
Hot Dog water!
Beer out the nostrils!

That controller is an STC-1000, they're cheap as chips online.

This site does a good job explaining the wiring for it. https://mygreenmisadventure.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/wiring-the-keezer-2/
So for the sensor jus split the wire
That controller is an STC-1000, they're cheap as chips online.

This site does a good job explaining the wiring for it. https://mygreenmisadventure.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/wiring-the-keezer-2/
So im wiring up this keezer jus wonder bout the sensor wiring? Do you split the wire and put in both holes?

Yes. Split the wire. Sensor goes in 3 and 4.

Attachments

• 9F8B9D0B-468B-4D92-BC8B-A44B5C351290.jpeg
    9F8B9D0B-468B-4D92-BC8B-A44B5C351290.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 133
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with myself after I wired my first one. I have four now - two ferm chambers, a keezer, and an extra for winter fermenting in the cold garage.

The big problem I ran into was a lack of clarity in the STC diagrams itself. I assumed faultily that the power would go through the unit entirely, not to two separate points. Once I figured that out it was pretty easy.

I'm lagering in the garage right now at 10C cause that's the coldest my thermostat in there goes.

Looks to me like the last 7 days of fermentation before kegging or bottling

Up to you really, I have a dual regulator and a 4 way manifold. I run serving pressure through the 4-way and the initial carbonation (35PSI for a day or so) through the other line.

Edit: This is my rig

LYMmN7T.jpg
Sorry for highjacking. I'm new to kegging. Got a Golden Ale I want to carb to 1.8 volume CO2. Need it to be ready by next week Thursday. Got it in my temp controlled freezer at 6C. What must my PSI be at to carb in say 6 days? Thx.

Uh... My general go to is to hit it with around 35psi for about 36 hours and then drop it down to 10-12 PSI. Within 3-4 days it's usually ready to go. Admittedly I'm pretty much just eyeballing the whole process.

This might help you get it more dialed in. http://www.zahmnagel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Zahm-Nagel-CO2-in-Beer-Chart.pdf

The first blast is basically to get it 80% of the way quickly and then reduce to avoid overcarbing it.

Uh... My general go to is to hit it with around 35psi for about 36 hours and then drop it down to 10-12 PSI. Within 3-4 days it's usually ready to go. Admittedly I'm pretty much just eyeballing the whole process.

This might help you get it more dialed in. http://www.zahmnagel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Zahm-Nagel-CO2-in-Beer-Chart.pdf

The first blast is basically to get it 80% of the way quickly and then reduce to avoid overcarbing it.
Pretty much what i do too

Ok Thx. But at what temp? And if is use the carbonation charts, how long must I leave it in the freezer at specific temp and PSI? And will it keep on carbing if I leave it to long for example at 12psi at 7C?

Ok Thx. But at what temp? And if is use the carbonation charts, how long must I leave it in the freezer at specific temp and PSI? And will it keep on carbing if I leave it to long for example at 12psi at 7C?
When i keg, after fermenting is done, i put the beer in my smaller 5 gal carboy and cold crash in the keezer overnight. Mine is at 3C and then jus like @hawk

When i keg, after fermenting is done, i put the beer in my smaller 5 gal carboy and cold crash in the keezer overnight. Mine is at 3C and then jus like @hawk
Hawkbox said, 35 psi then serving pressure

I have mine at 3.5C but it depends, as the link I posted shows, if you want a certain volume you need to do the math with the temperature you're storing it at.

Back