Rookie mistake

yegnal

Trial Member
Reaction score
Bottling a small batch I misread this cheap scale I have and used 0.2 oz instead of 2 oz of corn sugar. Beer tastes great, just no carbonation.

Any suggestions or experience on how to remedy or just drink as is....?

You could try popping open the bottles and adding a carbonation drop to each then recapping. In a couple of weeks your beer should be carbed. Personally, I wouldn't run the risk, however small, of infecting the beer by doing this, so I would drink it as is.

something like this https://www.northernbrewer.com/fermenters-favorites-fizz-drops-8-oz

Plus there's the Mentos in a cola bottle effect: The CO2 you've generated will precipitate almost immediately, gushing a lot of your beer out of the bottle.... Agreed with above, drink it and learn from the mistake.

Yup, such is life. Just call it a fancy European style and fake it.

Yup, such is life. Just call it a fancy European style and fake it.
Nope, own the mistake. You'll make a lot more of them! Some will be more obvious than others. And no, you can't get away with entering an infected beer as a Belgian anything.

And no, you can't get away with entering an infected beer as a Belgian anything.
I helped judge our Belgian style competition with entries from all over the country and I can tell you this: If you didn't intentionally brew a Belgian Wit and you have some sort of failed beer that happens to have some wheat and maybe some odd flavoring added, DO NOT enter it into a homebrew contest as Belgian Wit. I felt sort of bad about some of the things I wrote on those judging sheets, but they had to be said. :eek:

I helped judge our Belgian style competition with entries from all over the country and I can tell you this: If you didn't intentionally brew a Belgian Wit and you have some sort of failed beer that happens to have some wheat and maybe some odd flavoring added, DO NOT enter it into a homebrew contest as Belgian Wit. I felt sort of bad about some of the things I wrote on those judging sheets, but they had to be said. :eek:
Been there, done that....

Reactions: J A

Back