Beer of the Month

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
We're planning a new feature in our newsletter. We want to have a great recipe featured every month, called "Beer of the Month". Submit a link to your shared recipe in this thread, and one winner will be chosen every month. There are no real prizes, except for our gratitude and adoration. :) Oh, and your name mentioned as a SuperBrewer in the next newsletter.

Currently, we're looking for recipes for January, and the style will be Spring Beers. From maibock to cream ale and beyond, everyone is welcome to give us your idea of your perfect spring beer.

No one? No one at all?

Ok, ok. We'll offer a prize. Like a year premium membership to the winner, if we get more than 20 entries? Or one of our apps (iPhone or Android) for free if you win?

Nominate one of the recipes and see if you're a winner!

Do you have a jalapeno cream ale? A maibock? How about a fantastic pale ale? Do you have a secret English brown ale that will make us swoon?

Help us get out of our brewing ruts and make something new!

...why do I really want a jalapeno cream ale right now...

Also I think the prize should be the ingredients for another batch, otherwise you are excluding your most loyal customers ;-)

Yep, I don't think there's much of anywhere to go with membership for me, either.

I was gonna donate the membership to you when I win!!
Why thank you Sir! your a true friend and a Gent! Honestly excited, would just like to clarify any contract and make it good for all concerned. I'm a newb but I recon sending in a bottle might be the fairest. A physical prize wont eat into your long term business plan as much and keeps us brewing :)

Im all for brainstorming for a combined recipie oh and the winner has got to brew their recipie and post it up its not like we can all taste it thougho_O.

I like the idea of some competition... I have an idea (may not be a good one).

How about Spring beer as per OP...but

Have the grain bill fixed, free choice of hops, yeast, method, then brew and send a bottle to Yooper for judging.

Example...
3kg Pale Ale Malt
1.5kg Vienna Malt
250g Brown Malt
250g Wheat Malt

Oh, I like the idea of you all sending me beer- but that might make it difficult for our friends out of the US to play along!

what say about batch sizes?

I wonder if it could be on a slightly longer time scale, we submit a recipe and folk brew themselves and judge it by vote?

Back