What are you drinking right now?

I'm currently getting highly buzzed off my Cryo pale ale, its not what I expected, way less bitter than I'm used too but its coming around after clearing and carbonating for a week, I was worried it would be to bland after testing it from the keg, the great thing is you can over carb and it helps with the bitterness later on

I have already drunk too much homebrew this weekend , 300 entries and I sampled many of them ( mainly the great and the horrible ) so onto commercial stuff for now ....where to begin ?
21414960_121672881895355_6234847917653123215_o.jpg

photo.php

Last edited:
I'd go the pirate brew first followed by the red IPA then sonic prayer and finish with the Juice IPA:).

Pirate is a palate wrecking Dipa so go that last , Jedi is just crushable and so juicy and has me excited to a proper neipa ...i must buy more !!

I'd go the pirate brew first followed by the red IPA then sonic prayer and finish with the Juice IPA:).
Hey i see celebration bottleos havr got most them brews stocked up here Marky boy! Doing pest control at local celebrations today got chewing the fat about craft beer with the store man he new a thing or two about the beer he was selling so i filled in the cracks for him on the behinds the sceans of beer brewing. They got pirate life that sonic ipa and red ipa but i coyldnt find jedi juice. I see some of them beers selling for 46 bucks a 4 pack! OMG !! :eek: anyhow here is my much cheaper diy NZ gladfield lager with a bismal head but humph the beer is nice and crisp and oh so smashable.:) Fist time with my new lager yeast all i can smell is malty malty lager nop aroma from motueka :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20170913_153554.jpg
    20170913_153554.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 129
Yet to be consumed this so give me an idea of how far i am from the real deal:).
20170917_135439.jpg

That weihenstephaner pilsner is beautiful i can smell the floral fruity aromas of sazz hops and taste crisp perfectly bitter grainy definitely bohimian pilsner malt i think leaves a nice tingle on the middle tip of toungue perfect sofe sulphate forward water. Clarity is bright golden. My pilsner isnt this but im glad ive tried this now asni now know im not far off the mark with my boh pils its got all the hall marks of this beer. Would love to do a side by side one day. Cheers now for the dunkle:p.
20170917_142730.jpg

In preparation of going BIAB I am getting rid of some kit extracts. I am waiting on a couple of bits of kit to set it all up.

I had a can of Coopers Cervantes so after trawling through recipes, I put it with some wheat malt extract and threw in some galaxy hops. Fellow says it comes up as a Stone and Wood clone, so we will give it ago and see if it's drinkable.

Yesterday I took my Fat Yak out of cold crash, kegged it and forced it overnight. I am awaiting 4 pm to see what it's like but indications of a sneek sip during kegging didn't leave me disappointed.

In preparation of going BIAB I am getting rid of some kit extracts. I am waiting on a couple of bits of kit to set it all up.

I had a can of Coopers Cervantes so after trawling through recipes, I put it with some wheat malt extract and threw in some galaxy hops. Fellow says it comes up as a Stone and Wood clone, so we will give it ago and see if it's drinkable.

Yesterday I took my Fat Yak out of cold crash, kegged it and forced it overnight. I am awaiting 4 pm to see what it's like but indications of a sneek sip during kegging didn't leave me disappointed.
Galaxy is a wonderful fruity how it wont dissapoint. Such is the high demand for this hop. Enigma is my next trial hop it seems to have some unique reviews from the grower.

I tried galaxy and equinox together a while back that left me champing at the bit for more.

Here is the weihenstephaner traditional Bayrisch Dunkel. Dont like it as much as the pilsner. Its aroma is ever so slight caramel/ chocholate. Lovely bitterness medium bodied beautiful copper red bright clear hue. Flavour im getting is burnt caramel maybe raisins a little roasty toasty
20170917_150023.jpg
fairly dry finnish. Anyone else tried this brew? Maybe im overthinking it but seems a lot going on in this brew deffinetly not one dimensional.

Ok. I know it not 4pm yet but I had to try it and I'm glad I did.

Very pleased in my progression and if I was on a desert isle and this was all that was available I'd be very happy. I know it is cloudy and has some crud through it but it has been shacken badly during forced carb but the only way is to improve.

Cascade and nelson, very fruity and not disappointed with the forced carb. I will get ahead with stocks on hand and the natural carbonation should improve.

I am pleased with the result of controlled temperatures during fermentation and the result of cold crash.

I did attempt a yeast harvest and after taking a large jar and letting it settle for and hour, I decanted the top into another which is currently in the fridge and settling. I think I will try it on an extract to see if I am successful before introducing it to an all grain.
IMG_0782.JPG

Must throw in one of mine my gladfield lager malty malty malty. not to the same standard as them weihenstephaner brews but im digging em nit stella beer by no means but a delightful clean malty lager! PRO
20170917_155547.jpg
ST!

Ok. I know it not 4pm yet but I had to try it and I'm glad I did.

Very pleased in my progression and if I was on a desert isle and this was all that was available I'd be very happy. I know it is cloudy and has some crud through it but it has been shacken badly during forced carb but the only way is to improve.

Cascade and nelson, very fruity and not disappointed with the forced carb. I will get ahead with stocks on hand and the natural carbonation should improve.

I am pleased with the result of controlled temperatures during fermentation and the result of cold crash.

I did attempt a yeast harvest and after taking a large jar and letting it settle for and hour, I decanted the top into another which is currently in the fridge and settling. I think I will try it on an extract to see if I am successful before introducing it to an all grain.View attachment 1909
Nice orange looking colour nice tight head. As for yeast havesting ive been just keeping swilled up slurry at the end of fermentor and pitching that on to next brew. SANITATION IS KING though:eek:.:)
Youll know in a week or two how good that yeast is flavour will tell you if anything is amiss. Then dump that.slurry and start afresh. Look at my weihenstephaner beers in my keggerator three ir 4 posts back you can see my 34/70 slurry hiding in that borosilicate jar with the blue lid behind thw Dunkel brew. Shes good to go whenever i brew;). May look ugly but to me plenty of viable healthy yeast ready to work their magic fir me.

Alright im sorry ill finish on this beer drinking saga with my choch coffie porter notmuch more thae missus can take he he he enjoy brewersfriend im enjoying it more:p look at that creamy head onya!
20170917_183921.jpg

Back