I brewed today!

You mean by mexican dunkel a smashable light bodied beer?
Basically a Munich Dunkel made with corn and Mexican Lager yeast. Had something similar recently and wanted to make it.

SMaSH beer with Vienna and Citra. Hit Mash, undershot target O.G. Supposed to be 1.066, got 1.060. On the bright side it'll have more body/mouthfeel. Ready in 3-4 weeks

Basically a Munich Dunkel made with corn and Mexican Lager yeast. Had something similar recently and wanted to make it.
Just finished it. It's in the fermentor. Overshot gravity by six points but that's not a bad thing: A little water and all's well. Nice color, the wort tastes great. Looking forward to the finished product.

Mashing my Coop F5 IPA clone. Rainy day so nice break from the summer heat.

Lots of beer tasks - cleaning bottles, racking, bottling, putting the new shelves into service - but no brewing this weekend.

got a triple batch of IPA down yesterday with some friends , nearly 1.5 kg of hops total ! Buying at LHBS would be cost prohibitive so about ready to get another bulk buy arranged
IMG_20170813_121747.jpg

buy pounds and break them up into ounces and you buy a food saver and a good label maker

going to brew a Habanero IPA tomorrow.

Mosaic single hopped at 15, whirlpool, dry hop. 05 yeast in it.

Cut up 1.5 habanero today, locally grown, tossed it in some vodka with about 5 seeds, and I'll pitch that alcohol once the wort has fermented.

PSA here, just be careful what you touch after cutting up habaneros. I can't be more serious as I type this in a decent amount of pain.

going to brew a Habanero IPA tomorrow.

Mosaic single hopped at 15, whirlpool, dry hop. 05 yeast in it.

Cut up 1.5 habanero today, locally grown, tossed it in some vodka with about 5 seeds, and I'll pitch that alcohol once the wort has fermented.

PSA here, just be careful what you touch after cutting up habaneros. I can't be more serious as I type this in a decent amount of pain.

My first ever full time job after finishing school was in a chilli processing plant , i had a 25 kg bag of fresh habanero puree explode and get in my eyes , ears and mouth ...everywhere it touched burned and more than 1 new staff member forgot to wash hands BEFORE going to bathroom but you only forgot once :eek:

About halfway through the mash for the first vintage of Cooper's Barleywine

IPA today. single hopped with Mosaic 10.8% @ 15 min,,, then whirlpooled double the amount of Mosaic 11% for 15 min, whirlpool temp started at 211 and dropped to about 185 in those 15 min.

Hit 78% brew house for a grand total of 16.3ºP, 80% attenuation on US05 should get me to 7%.

Planning on dry hopping with Mosaic, and I've already began soaking habaneros in vodka, going to add that with the dry hop.

Just bottled up a citra pale ale for myself and a pumpkin beer for the wife!

over two weeks into fermentation with our Citra SMaSH with Maris Otter. Cold Crashing this weekend.

I'm brewing right now, a pale ale with cryo hops, should be interesting

Last edited:

Back