First crack at this

Yeah...I'm pretty sure I got a little carried away. :rolleyes:
Lol I wouldn't say carried away , it sounds like you are making sure you don't run out of your delicious nectar until you can get brewing again. Sounds reasonable to me..:cool:

Reactions: J A
Lol I wouldn't say carried away , it sounds like you are making sure you don't run out of your delicious nectar until you can get brewing again. Sounds reasonable to me..:cool:

Well...I've had plenty of help knocking down any surplus, too. We emptied 3 kegs at our 4th of July party and a few of our friends are always eager to invite themselves over to "have a beer". I've taken to keeping fewer beers in the fridge because almost no matter how much I have in there, it'll be emptied out in one sitting. :rolleyes::)

Reactions: GPA
Ive been trying to limit my self to 3 beers max a day what ever time or day I drink, seems to help

Well...I've had plenty of help knocking down any surplus, too. We emptied 3 kegs at our 4th of July party and a few of our friends are always eager to invite themselves over to "have a beer". I've taken to keeping fewer beers in the fridge because almost no matter how much I have in there, it'll be emptied out in one sitting. :rolleyes::)
My friends are already asking if I need help taste testing lol don't seem that I will be short on test subjects.... :rolleyes: I have a ? Day 5 fermentation hasn't slowed temp holding steady at 67-68 degrees is this normal and if so what flavors can I expect

Ive been trying to limit my self to 3 beers max a day what ever time or day I drink, seems to help
I don't drink much during the week.. Long work day and early start weekend is better 3-4 average a day if mama is not working and im not watching the baby all day.

Day 5 fermentation hasn't slowed temp holding steady at 67-68 degrees is this normal and if so what flavors can I expect
That's probably about perfect. It means that your temp has held the fermentation in check and it's not going too fast. Relatively slow fermentation is better for the beer except in the case of some Belgians and Hefeweizens that want ester production from the yeast at high temps to contribute to the flavor. I don't know what yeast you have, but West Coast strains can finish just in a few days at high temps and English strains can finish damn near overnight if they're up in the higher end of their range. Anything that's taking 5 days to finish is moving at a nice, relaxed pace.
You'll probably start seeing things slow down quite a bit over the next couple of days. Let it sit a full 2 weeks if there's any doubt about it being done.

That's probably about perfect. It means that your temp has held the fermentation in check and it's not going too fast. Relatively slow fermentation is better for the beer except in the case of some Belgians and Hefeweizens that want ester production from the yeast at high temps to contribute to the flavor. I don't know what yeast you have, but West Coast strains can finish just in a few days at high temps and English strains can finish damn near overnight if they're up in the higher end of their range. Anything that's taking 5 days to finish is moving at a nice, relaxed pace.
You'll probably start seeing things slow down quite a bit over the next couple of days. Let it sit a full 2 weeks if there's any doubt about it being done.
Thank JA i can deal with relaxed. However i can now see the need to brew another batch right away, no lag time waiting for beer

yes always think ahead, if your drinking your beer now, you should brew now, it takes 30 days most of the time to finish correctly and you can drink a batch faster than 30 days ;)

yes always think ahead, if your drinking your beer now, you should brew now, it takes 30 days most of the time to finish correctly and you can drink a batch faster than 30 days ;)
Good point also think bottling is going to get old quick ,I only have short blocks of available time.

Use 22 ounce bottles. Less to deal with! My bottling start to finish took me a bit over an hour, if I recall.

Use 22 ounce bottles. Less to deal with! My bottling start to finish took me a bit over an hour, if I recall.
Good idea I also found some wine bottles will work too these will have to do till I can afford to upgrade thanks

Too bad you don't live closer. I just gave away 200 22 ounce bottles!!

Nice fish by the way GPA, I fish weekly, about to hit the fall feeding frenzy

Nice fish by the way GPA, I fish weekly, about to hit the fall feeding frenzy
That was the last cast of the day nothing was biting all afternoon ,figured I'd try my old spinner bait and wham pulled in that one , biggest one I have ever caught.
I lived my whole life on the coast don't know much about fresh water but I ocean fish all the time Stripers Weaks an occasional Tuna or Shark trip . One of my coworkers just hit the salmon runs this weekend,planning to go next year. Good luck to you !!! Knock em dead

Ive caught a 30 pound catfish, now that was a beast, 2, 15 pound the same day, it was fun but cleaning was a mess

thinking back I caught one so big it was swimming the 30 foot channel and it was pulling my boat, I couldn't tell because the current was opposite the wind and its deceiving, people were pointing at it, of course it got away but herd stories later how far it pulled me lol

Come to OZ and try catching big Barramundi .... over 4 feet long and almost that in girth , still able to leap out of the river / creek , very hard to land them on any light gear and even harder to catch them on heavy gear .

Really is an experience you'll never forget ( any you may even get eaten by a real salt water crocodile )

Come to OZ and try catching big Barramundi .... over 4 feet long and almost that in girth , still able to leap out of the river / creek , very hard to land them on any light gear and even harder to catch them on heavy gear .

Really is an experience you'll never forget ( any you may even get eaten by a real salt water crocodile )
I was thinking,the same thing Mark yep up to and over A meter long

Back