First crack at this

I'm not one of those guys, lol but I have my system tuned to a tee. I put the 13 gallon carboy in the chamber and don't even check anything for 5 days, then all I do i give it a shake and raise the temp and close the door and don't look at it again for 5 more days, I never open my carboy until its ready to move to my conditioning vessel, I take a reading and it chills for 5 more days at 34, I just leave it alone to do its thang :p and it usually does :cool:

I'm not one of those guys, lol but I have my system tuned to a tee. I put the 13 gallon carboy in the chamber and don't even check anything for 5 days, then all I do i give it a shake and raise the temp and close the door and don't look at it again for 5 more days, I never open my carboy until its ready to move to my conditioning vessel, I take a reading and it chills for 5 more days at 34, I just leave it alone to do its thang :p and it usually does :cool:
Now that's a solid fermentation schedule yep I don't have that much patience I'll have to work on that:rolleyes:.

So I'm guessing this is the first brew in the pipeline for a while aye GPA yep that urge to caress ya fermentation till completion will fade with time but I'm sure there ain't many Brewers here who don't watch their air lock like a hawk till they see bubbling! That's what I'm looking for activity in airlock no clear carboys here plastic bucket so cant peep in. When that air lock slows to one per half minute that's when I take my first grav reading to gague when fermentation is completed I will also up the temp here to to keep those yeasties munching only slightly.
This is my first brew ever im like a nervous kid right now already starting to feel the hook sinking in thinking of what to brew next

Mine gets ignored mostly , using good starters means I don't get the agonising wait and once I'm happy that the yeast has kicked off I won't check it for days (maybe a quick peek ) raise the temp after it looks like its close to FG to make sure .

Reactions: GPA
What
This is my first brew ever im like a nervous kid right now already starting to feel the hook sinking in thinking of what to brew next
did you go all grain on your first brew GPA if so I take me hat off to ya gutsy fella. Ah yep wheat beer sorry I got ahead of my self did you go with coriander in the end or orange peel

We all started like that , I was amazed the first few times .
Patience is a big part of the process and my LHBS has none in stock

I remember those days loooooong ago, I was on fire and brewed every week for 6 months after I got bit by the brewing bug

Yep still a in that faze I think I brew every two weeks back to back in fermentor

I just computed my brewing output for year so far. I'm about 150 gallons since January. That's coincidentally exactly the rate that I'm lawfully entitled to produce beer for private consumption here in Texas. I counted 30 brew days in 38 weeks.
Since we're moving I may not get set up again for a month or 2 and it's likely that I won't reach my 200 gallon limit. Not to worry, though...I have over 30 gallons in kegs and bottles and another 3 5-gallon batches ready to keg before we move. I think we'll have enough for now. ;)

What

did you go all grain on your first brew GPA if so I take me hat off to ya gutsy fella. Ah yep wheat beer sorry I got ahead of my self did you go with coriander in the end or orange peel
All extract for a start a hint of coriander trying to listen to everyone here and go light on the flavors and take notes

Yep even though Brewers friend has a great brew log I still record all my brews in a book that way if the world falls into a nuclear Apocalypse I can still access my brew records for future brews. :D

Everyone will be going round shooting s$&t out of each other and I'll be calmly brewing beer ha ha.

I just computed my brewing output for year so far. I'm about 150 gallons since January. That's coincidentally exactly the rate that I'm lawfully entitled to produce beer for private consumption here in Texas. I counted 30 brew days in 38 weeks.
Since we're moving I may not get set up again for a month or 2 and it's likely that I won't reach my 200 gallon limit. Not to worry, though...I have over 30 gallons in kegs and bottles and another 3 5-gallon batches ready to keg before we move. I think we'll have enough for now. ;)
Holy crap and I thought 30- 40 gallons was going to be alot

for that reason you can download all recipes and notes for that recipe in a HTML or xml file zipped up but not your notes for brew sessions , yet

Yep even though Brewers friend has a great brew log I still record all my brews in a book that way if the world falls into a nuclear Apocalypse I can still access my brew records for future brews. :D

Everyone will be going round shooting s$&t out of each other and I'll be calmly brewing beer ha ha.
I hear that i do take alot of handwritten notes. I deal with enough charts and spreadsheets at work lol

All extract for a start a hint of coriander trying to listen to everyone here and go light on the flavors and take notes
My rule of thumb with a new spice or strongly flavored ingredient is to read up on it a bit, make a good guess based on my recipe, then take it down about 30% or so

My rule of thumb with a new spice or strongly flavored ingredient is to read up on it a bit, make a good guess based on my recipe, then take it down about 30% or so
I asked about the coriander in one of my posts I lost track of who answered , my apology if it was one of you guys, I ended up toasting them a little and cut back 40%

I'd highly recommend Radical Brewing to anyone. Lots of good recipe and process ideas, both traditional and weird stuff. Especially for spices and oddball ingredients. And it's accessible for all levels of brewers, it made mashing and such make sense to me

I'd highly recommend Radical Brewing to anyone. Lots of good recipe and process ideas, both traditional and weird stuff. Especially for spices and oddball ingredients. And it's accessible for all levels of brewers, it made mashing and such make sense to me
Thank you good to know

Back