What's your next brew

I'm looking to use up some freezer hops (and then some). Going for a piney/citrusy IPA with Chinook, Triumph, and McKenzie. Grain bill is 2 row and 10L Munich, plus some cane sugar for a lower FG
That would be some of them free hops you scored aye?

Yes unique hop bill.

I'm looking to use up some freezer hops (and then some). Going for a piney/citrusy IPA with Chinook, Triumph, and McKenzie. Grain bill is 2 row and 10L Munich, plus some cane sugar for a lower FG
Nice to see you on the forum. Are you going for a big boy IPA or something more sessionable? Never thought of Munich with that style, but hmmm.

Nice to see you on the forum. Are you going for a big boy IPA or something more sessionable? Never thought of Munich with that style, but hmmm.
Hoping for 7% and over 50 IBUs plus whirlpool and dry hop additions. Not the biggest IPA, but a lot stronger than I usually make

Hoping for 7% and over 50 IBUs plus whirlpool and dry hop additions. Not the biggest IPA, but a lot stronger than I usually make
I assume you are using Munich as a replacement for some or all of the Crystal/Cara whatever That actually sounds really interesting with a lot of hops.

I assume you are using Munich as a replacement for some or all of the Crystal/Cara whatever That actually sounds really interesting with a lot of hops.
Munich 10L for color, body, and more depth of flavor than 2 row and caramel malt alone (you can make a great amber smash beer with just Munich 10L, I highly recommend it). Sprinkle of caramunich for color and richer flavor. Sugar to dry it out (might lose some body but that's alright)

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1422314/chinook-mckenzie-ipa

I am flighty, and could change my mind, but I am leaning toward some version of an amber ale. When a certain piece of new gear arrives, I should be able to bring things into better focus. There is also a home renovation project (foundation lift) that needs to be completed before I do crazy stuff in the kitchen. That process starts tomorrow, and I will be watching as the work is done. In the meantime, there is still a gallon of fresh local cider that needs to be “hardened” if you know what I mean.

I am flighty, and could change my mind, but I am leaning toward some version of an amber ale. When a certain piece of new gear arrives, I should be able to bring things into better focus. There is also a home renovation project (foundation lift) that needs to be completed before I do crazy stuff in the kitchen. That process starts tomorrow, and I will be watching as the work is done. In the meantime, there is still a gallon of fresh local cider that needs to be “hardened” if you know what I mean.
Take photos of that process!

Back