What are you drinking right now?

My Dunkel
4CA7295E-77D3-4867-98BB-16FB558403FC.jpeg

More Janet’s Brown Ale for me, after a small glass of Maker’s Mark, after I got a $42 parking ticket that pissed me off (my stupid mistake). I was enjoying a glass of cider downtown when the parking citation was issued. Might have a glass of red wine with dinner, just to cover all the bases.

I was admiring the ribs too, but got a little curious when I saw the spoon laying on 'em. There is tender, then there's THAT!. I don't think I've ever had any that I ate with a spoon.
That was for the pinto beans with pork. But they were falling off the bone.

View attachment 23397 I got the Pilsner and Kim the top one
What? Not the Hefeweitzen?? :rolleyes:

Got a Polish beer from Warka (that's a town), nice malty caramel. Was on sale for $6 a 4-pack up in New Jersey. Picked it up because it was cheap and interesting, turns out it is good, too.

E7E523E8-519E-4D70-99F6-50AC31D4CD5F.jpeg

Also enjoying a one litre test bottle in this case my 'Dry' Pear Cider. Bottled exactly 7 days ago, been in the fridge 2 days. Looked clear, IS clear. I think switching in a standard cider yeast for the one provided which included sweetener and then adding the pear flavouring early (before the suggested end of fermentation) albeit in a slow brew has worked well here. There is a sweeter pear flavour sitting above a nicely sharp dry apple giving it a somewhat layered feel. Also has an unavoidable floral pear bouquet which took a few sips to get used to, something which I don't normally pick up on too quickly. Obviously it is very young but basically is a bit different. From the On the Rocks kit range by Ritchies. Mid range budget wise, as in cheaper than their Festival range. I can tell the difference in quality between these ranges but this one is fairly decent in its own right.

I used Mangrove Jack's liquid cider enhancer for the first time instead of my usual go to for cider; fine powdery granulated dextrose. Feels a little stronger than the expected ABV of 5.9%. But that was precisely what I got! Slightly disturbed the sediment for the refill and taste improved as it has again coming up towards room temperature. Paired well with another great find; Hog Roast Pizza which was totally new on me (picked up from my last trip to Aldi).

Intrigued to see how this one develops on the second test bottle now taking its place in the fridge. Should be able to give it roughly another week as I have plenty of beer to be getting on with. Feeling quite chuffed :)

Back