What are you drinking right now?

Small pour of my Dunkel
00246689-29B7-4B70-91FE-6668F9F7FAAE.jpeg

@MaxStout That looks quite normal for a Brown Ale. Even when mine have a decent head it tends to dissipate quickly. They don't tend to be highly carbonated but what there is lasts reasonably well. The commercial variants over this side of the pond are way more gassy and lack the soft texture although it is a long time since I drank anything like that.

My once-a-year “No Coast” IPA. I’ve made some good IPA’s but I don’t think I’ve ever made a great one. This one falls into that good-not-great category as well. Lots to like, but I’ve never hit that late hop magic. Sure is fun trying, though. :)

136CF5FF-1A53-48C0-96DA-A547025B0E63.jpeg

At Frothy Beard Off World Brewery and Taproom in Summersville SC having a few smples. Came From Mars - Belgian Pale Ale, Tides - Irish Red Ale - 6.2%, Murphy’s Big Head - Pale Ale - 5.6%, and Peppermint Porter - 7%

20221216_212713.jpg

My once-a-year “No Coast” IPA. I’ve made some good IPA’s but I don’t think I’ve ever made a great one. This one falls into that good-not-great category as well. Lots to like, but I’ve never hit that late hop magic. Sure is fun trying, though. :)

View attachment 23454
Same, I feel like my IPAs are always lackluster. Maybe I'm too picky about them

Looks like you are making proper inroads on your stock @ben ;)

@Zambezi Special, looks like a fire pit in the making. I like how you set the first course of bricks on their sides to allow air through the holes.

I expect to see a brew pic in front of a roaring fire soon. :)

Enjoying dessert with a friend, this was the inspiration for my Bloody Finger. This particular bottle was packaged in 2019, and it has aged magnificently. It is an 8% double chocolate Cranberry Stout. We split a 750ml bottle so we are telling ourselves that is 4%. Makes sense, right?
20221217_200955.jpg

@Zambezi Special, looks like a fire pit in the making. I like how you set the first course of bricks on their sides to allow air through the holes.

I expect to see a brew pic in front of a roaring fire soon. :)

It will come... Not too soon though, although it was cold last night at 21 oC :)

Hazy cheapskate

Lot of debris in this bottle, still got a glass out of it
IMG_20221218_132535.jpg

Carbed for 6 days, in the fridge for 1
Surprisingly pleasant. Little bit fruity and a hint of ginger
Very nice summer beer
IMG_20221218_132630.jpg

IMG_20221218_132715.jpg

I'll be making another batch of it.
I've pushed voss to it's high temp limit and I really like the result

Back