What are you drinking right now?

And the third one will be even better!

I'm having a cup of coffee

And the third one will be even better!

I'm having a cup of coffee
I have to pace myself, otherwise I’ll run out of homebrew before the next batch is ready. However, I’m looking forward to bottling my stout and having some variety, with primitive cider lined up after that, and my PNW IPA next to be brewed.
As for this moment, I’m sipping Earl Grey tea sweetened with some very nice local honey.

image.jpg

Followed by an absiolutely not clear, but delicious Voss Belgian :D
Pouring temperature definitely makes a difference. Not on hazy, but on head.
My fridge is maybe set a bit too cold. Although: is there such a thing in this climate?
IMG_20221213_174433.jpg

Enjoying my very first wheat beer followed by a couple of shots of Jack Daniel's: West Coast Wheat. Lovely soft mouthfeel, light subtle taste, combination - new experience. Good one for a session - coming from someone who only tends to have one or two beers these days. Glad I tried that test bottle early and decided to condition for a fortnight because it was so raw almost chemically. I wondered if I had not rinsed out the steriliser. Reminded me of my very first brew which was a lager nearly 40 years ago. Inexperienced and lacking patience, most of that went down the sink thinking 'ready to drink' meant the finished article. This one already matured after six weeks and seems to have levelled off at two months which seems like nothing nowadays. Very pleased as this was a budget kit on special offer so wasn't expecting much just got the urge to give it a try on the opportunity.

Back