What did you get delivered today

Yeah, definitely looks like it would do wonders for sanitation, doesn't it? Looks like a great way to put in ANY additive, for that matter. I see some recipes calling for extracts (not malt, but fruit, etc) for flavoring. Seems like a smarter way to go considering they're already sterile and ready to change the flavor quickly. Could make some pretty good beers with very little recipe change.
Yeah I'm gunna give it a try I'm just wondering how much head pressure they will handle on the keg. Let's say there is 10psi in there I'm imagining you gotta drop some pounds out before getting the injector syringe going.

You know it's funny I've had a couple of syringes in my brew cabinet since Matilda was born I grabbed them thinking they might come in handy for measuring my acid pH additions will never thought of doing this with them:).

Yeah he's good value old Gashslug.

Yeah I'm gunna give it a try I'm just wondering how much head pressure they will handle on the keg. Let's say there is 10psi in there I'm imagining you gotta drop some pounds out before getting the injector syringe going.

You know it's funny I've had a couple of syringes in my brew cabinet since Matilda was born I grabbed them thinking they might come in handy for measuring my acid pH additions will never thought of doing this with them:).

Yeah he's good value old Gashslug.
Get your butt on zoom :)

Their here!
20220930_182520.jpg

Two brand new passivated kegs $100 each these second hand their 75 no brainer I think.
20220930_182525.jpg

These fitting are an upgrade to my bucket cleaner I'll be able to use them stainless double post connectors to plug directly onto my keezer beer lines.
Alsongot 500ml of biofine will sus this stuff out.

Their here!View attachment 22494
Two brand new passivated kegs $100 each these second hand their 75 no brainer I think.
View attachment 22495
These fitting are an upgrade to my bucket cleaner I'll be able to use them stainless double post connectors to plug directly onto my keezer beer lines.
Ooooh. Shiny.

Their here!View attachment 22494
View attachment 22495
I really like the biofine. It's not free, but it works really well.

Not exactly beer related. But will help me with rewiring the fermentation station. So kinda related.
View attachment 22500
Always need more hands to hold things wonderful!

Yup 25$ for 500ml of biofine at 13ml ish per batch I think I've atleast got 2 years worth!
Will compare this to geletin but I'm expecting better results.

Actually read up on a brulosophy exbeeriment this morning where results were exactly the same using either geletin or biofine for finning.

But geletin is attracting positive charged partials and bio fine negative so maybe in conjunction you'd have a super finner :confused::)

Always need more hands to hold things wonderful!

Yup 25$ for 500ml of biofine at 13ml ish per batch I think I've atleast got 2 years worth!
Will compare this to geletin but I'm expecting better results.

Actually read up on a brulosophy exbeeriment this morning where results were exactly the same using either geletin or biofine for finning.

But geletin is attracting positive charged partials and bio fine negative so maybe in conjunction you'd have a super finner :confused::)

just keep in mind it has a shelf life and keep it refrigerated. the manufacturer says 12 months, but they said it is effective past that at higher concentrations.

You prefer gelatin over Whirlfloc? Why? Just askin' what someone else's preference is because I've used Whirlfloc exactly twice now, so not locked into anything in particular. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing if I order more Whirlfloc.
imo you use both. So Whirfloc helps force the proteins to flocculate when the wort is cooling and then you leave the last inch of muck in the pot. It takes a long time for it to clear your beer ... well over a month in the keg after fermentation. The folks over at Brulosophy did an experiment on it. Geletin is very fast and very effective. Only takes 24-48 hours on a cold crashed beer to clear it with gelatin.

imo you use both. So Whirfloc helps force the proteins to flocculate when the wort is cooling and then you leave the last inch of muck in the pot. It takes a long time for it to clear your beer ... well over a month in the keg after fermentation. The folks over at Brulosophy did an experiment on it. Geletin is very fast and very effective. Only takes 24-48 hours on a cold crashed beer to clear it with gelatin.
x2 I always use both. whirlfloc and then biofine. beer comes out clear in a few days.

HOPEFULLY, all my hose making supplies will get here today. As well as the bags that were supposed to deliver on Saturday. Then I get to plumb in a pump for recirc/sparging. Got my sketch ready to make sure I put all the fittings in the right place so I can never hook it up backward, mostly because all the male fittings will point in the direction of flow.

Hoping I can improve my efficiency and OG's with this project.

And a couple brew bags that were mailed, not shipped by Amazon. Go figger. They were supposed to be here Saturday, but thanks to Snail Mail ..... It's OK, though, not quite ready to brew again, but getting there quickly. Just made up three hoses and installed the fittings on the pump. Took almost 20 minutes, LOL.

Guess I hosed up the order. Thought I had a couple 1/2" NPT x 1/2" male QD fittings in this bunch. Guess not. DOH! I'll have to temporarily connect the hose on the kettle till I get one. Plenty stuff to do that, even if I just pull one female QD off a hose. Already have a hose barb on the kettle ball valve. The new clamps are easy enough to handle. Wonder how they'll hold up to the heat. The T handles are plastic.

I now own three, one for each keg. These work great. Fermenting and serving from the same keg until further notice. It's just so simple.

20221007_093158.jpg

I now own three, one for each keg. These work great. Fermenting and serving from the same keg until further notice. It's just so simple.

View attachment 22587
Not seen one like that before quite a big filter screen on it .

Bought this one for mine
20221008_065350.jpg

But keep forgetting to install it before filling the fermenter lol.

Back