What did you get delivered today

We're brewing @jmcnamara 's brown this weekend boys and girls!
20221025_154449.jpg

Got 5kg floor malted Marris Otter from TF.
1kg brown malt Gladfield
And some Windsor yeast (should fit the bill)

But I'm really excited about this
20221025_154456.jpg
Cryo Pop Blend (not sure which hops but the descriptions were Fing amazing!).
First time using cryo hops look at the AAs on them bad boys!

Also got hops for some NZ pilsners thanks for the inspiration @HighVoltageMan!
Bought 100g each of good old Nelson Sauvin and some Rakau gunna pair them together I think that Rakau is a dual hop so will be interesting

Anyhow love getting me some brew supplies.

Here's a description Here (from hoppydays) on them hops not sure exactly which hops are in it anyhow Mystery
By maximizing concentrations of the most impactful and complementary hop compounds, we offer an incredibly powerful hop pellet that creates a true ‘pop’ of aromas in beers. Formerly known as trial blend TRI 2304CR, the Cryo Pop™ Original Blend delivers massive tropical, stone fruit, and citrus aromas.

Interesting. Any idea what the cause of failure was? Thermal sensors are usually pretty rugged stuff unless they get wet inside.
Yeah I think I'm just a little careless and rough with them.

So I've got 3 STC's in my glycol cabinet ones to control the chamber ones to control fermentation and ones an Auxiliary/ glycol temperature sensor.

When the temp probes arnt in use I dangle them free off the side and I think I've either stood on them/ rolled my kettle stand over one or dropping them onto the concrete floor may have caused them to malfunction.

One was a plastic tip one and the other a stainless one like in the photo there so two different probes.
Ah well I'll take them off the cabinet and put them away when not in use in future :).

10 pounds of weyerman Munich II and 10 pounds of Best Malz Pilsner
1 pack of Imperial Harvest
1 pack of 34/70

this should get me through the next 5 brews
I'm a big fan of Weyermann Munich II. Makes a great SMaSH beer. Tons of flavor, very crisp and clean. Either of those yeasts would do it justice; both are the same strain, if I recall correctly.

I'm a big fan of Weyermann Munich II. Makes a great SMaSH beer. Tons of flavor, very crisp and clean. Either of those yeasts would do it justice; both are the same strain, if I recall correctly.
Love all Munich II. Global is the same as 34/70. Harvest is the Augustiner strain.

A bunch of stuff from Amazon, scattered across 3 shipments the past few days. Some dry yeast--6 packets each of US-05, S-04, and Notty. Came out to around $3/packet. Tired of paying $6-$7 from other brew stores. Also 2 lbs of Muscovado sugar, a pound of which is going in an upcoming Dubbel. And an 8 lb. jar of PBW.

A couple packs of Lallemand Abbaye arrived yesterday from Label Peelers. Use-by date is Jan 2024, so happy with that.

Still waiting for the Midwest order I placed Nov 4 to ship.

Back