What did you get delivered today

It didn't take long before I took over the pump room downstairs . Overhauled it tiled the floor, added a sink for water and drain, power fot the electric Anvil , linoleum topped benches , fridge etc.
Could have bought a lot of Bush Lite..
Nothing wrong with a Busch Light :) i like your new profile pic Marlon!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 8.17.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 8.17.44 PM.png
    739.4 KB · Views: 36
Depends on the screen shot. Beer is kosher. Pork chops are not. :p

Not sure about pork chop beer. :rolleyes:
I thought that kosher just meant that it had been blessed by a rabbi.

I thought that kosher just meant that it had been blessed by a rabbi.
Yes, but some things, and some combinations of things, can never be kosher. Pork cannot ever be kosher, and any combination of meat with dairy also cannot. So bacon cheeseburgers are right out.

It can get complicated.

A 6mm sensor for the new ITC-1000F. The thermowell in the fermenter is a LOT larger, closer to 8 mm. Gonna have to figure out how to mount the probe in the thermowell for best temperature feedback.

Besides that, a butt-load of mower parts. Had to replace all the idlers on the drive belt on my 10 year old Husqvarna rider. $150 bucks in parts made the difference in buying a new mower at more than 10x that price. No more howling pulleys. Nice and ‘quiet’ comparatively speaking. Got the boogie back in its step. Still gotta put the new spindles and pulleys on the mowing deck.

Figured out what to do for hanging the ice jugs in the fermentation chamber. Gonna put some hooks on some stainless tubing to suspend them for best thermal exchange and zigzag the airflow for best efficiency. Getting close to test time.

A 6mm sensor for the new ITC-1000F. The thermowell in the fermenter is a LOT larger, closer to 8 mm. Gonna have to figure out how to mount the probe in the thermowell for best temperature feedback.

Besides that, a butt-load of mower parts. Had to replace all the idlers on the drive belt on my 10 year old Husqvarna rider. $150 bucks in parts made the difference in buying a new mower at more than 10x that price. No more howling pulleys. Nice and ‘quiet’ comparatively speaking. Got the boogie back in its step. Still gotta put the new spindles and pulleys on the mowing deck.

Figured out what to do for hanging the ice jugs in the fermentation chamber. Gonna put some hooks on some stainless tubing to suspend them for best thermal exchange and zigzag the airflow for best efficiency. Getting close to test time.

it wont matter, just push it to the bottom. in 3 minutes it will be the same temp as the well. if you want, put 50 mL of water in it and it will conduct the temp through the water

it wont matter, just push it to the bottom. in 3 minutes it will be the same temp as the well. if you want, put 50 mL of water in it and it will conduct the temp through the water
I know those things are supposed to be waterproof but I also read a lotta negative reviews about ‘em failing (because of moisture). I prefer noncontact probes because it saves that one more thing to get bugs in the brew. Putting water in it may prove difficult because the open end (where the thermometer goes) is pointing downwards. The thermometer is a cheap bimetallic gauge, so I’m sure whatever I do with the probe it’ll be more accurate than a gauge with 2 degree increments on a dial that’s only about 1.5 inches diameter. I can probably wedge it in with a matchstick or toothpick to give it best contact with the stainless well. If it weren’t so messy I’d fill the well with heat sink grease.

View attachment 22203
My friend’s wife was traveling up north, maybe close to the Hofbrauhaus-OH and got us each a giant can of this! 1.32G
I see that stout is nearly a year old. Either it’s gonna be really good or really disappointing. I thought bigger beers and stouts were supposed to be better when fresher. Or am I confusing stouts with hoppy beers? I originally thought all beers got better with age, but apparently that is not the case. I do like the mega-can though. My LHBS has several (spent) cans like it on display in his store.

This stout is really good at a year old. i'd say that the roast has mellowed so its now smoother. If you like a roasty punch i guess its better the first few months.

You are on the right track with heat sink grease. I suggest something more conductive, like silver-bearing grease or copper dust mixed with a grease like vaseline.

Gas tank came today. Ordered my regulator so I’ll have it next week. Can’t get tank filled up, or even need it filled up at the moment anyway.

Back