I brewed today!

Yeah this is my kinda brewing throwing leaves and sh#t in my beer lol!

Na lemon Myrtle leaves have a beautiful lemon flavour but it's more than just lemon they remind me of these boiled lollies I had as a kid.

Anyhow they play nicely with the ginger.
I like the lemon Myrtle over just lemon.

Usually it's lemon ginger and sugar for ginger beer I'm just putting my own twist on it.

You'll be shocked how good it looks in the glass Roadie give me a week ;)

Oh and I don't mind a gum leaf in my Billy tea lemon myrtle is the same one leaf in the tea black tea that is is devine:).

Looking forward to seeing the final product. I’ll have to ask the missus about boiled lollies. Lollies I know (candy) but not acquainted with boiling candy.

Yeah man had this once or twice when I was on my kviek brewing Saga for a year or so.

But I found after a few gens on it you had to give it some nutrient and keep it nice and warm towards end of fermentation like a degree or two above ferment temp.
It was prone to stalling just before finishing.

It'd go like a bat outta he'll for 24 36hrs then drop right off.
Thanks for the response.

Brewed that short cut lager.quick easy brew and My little assistant helped mash in she did give me a cheaky blessing of grain all over me lol!
20220918_153328.jpg

No stiring today just helping get the grain in.
20220918_153336.jpg

Good job tildy stir it in now. "Noooo"!
Right on gravity just waiting for it to cool overnight to pitch yeast

Mashing in on the Dark Mild. Aiming for 153. Not too bad.

36BBA61B-335D-4CE1-88A8-608785F0F752.jpeg

Boil on the brink. Pre boil gravity came in a few points high so I’ll just cut the boil short. I’m not interested in more volume, so I guess I’ll just leave a bit more trub/wort behind in the kettle. Hops/IBU’s have been adjusted accordingly. Sample has a wonderful malty chocolate aroma. Not sure that’s really what a Dark Mild is supposed to be, but I still have a long way to go here.

A16ABB2D-DF99-4026-A5AC-5AF4BB016A33.jpeg

Pizza pan worked great for lautering! Wish I could say the plate chiller performed well...running ice water through only chilled the wort to 120F :confused: guess its time to look into recirculation pumps...
View attachment 22382
I always want to try something like that to drain the bag, but I'm afraid the wort is going to spill all over the stove. I need to give this a shot someday.

I always want to try something like that to drain the bag, but I'm afraid the wort is going to spill all over the stove. I need to give this a shot someday.
I definitely spilled some, but way less than I expected. I triple checked that all of the holes were inside the kettle diameter

Pizza pan worked great for lautering! Wish I could say the plate chiller performed well...running ice water through only chilled the wort to 120F :confused: guess its time to look into recirculation pumps...
View attachment 22382
I used a pizza pan similar to that when I was brewing in my garage. It works great and fairly cheap. I bought mine on amazon for $9

I use a colander...
I do as well, it is helpful in my squeeze method. With bag in colander, colander over pot, I press the bag with the back of my big brew spoon. No need to squeeze with my hands. In about 15 minutes, I’ll be doing just that.

Back