What are you drinking right now?

And a mug of golden ale to follow! Good, but not as good as last time. Last time the hops were azacca, Cascade, and citra; this time was Columbus, azacca, and comet
20220127_193624.jpg

And a mug of golden ale to follow! Good, but not as good as last time. Last time the hops were azacca, Cascade, and citra; this time was Columbus, azacca, and comet
View attachment 19166
Yeah not that I can speak to the other two but Columbus I've brewed with once and it was quite dank not my favourite but maybe one for use in a more malt forward style.

Brew dudes on a side note had a yummy looking NEIPA with Comet and another hop this week

Yeah not that I can speak to the other two but Columbus I've brewed with once and it was quite dank not my favourite but maybe one for use in a more malt forward style.

Brew dudes on a side note had a yummy looking NEIPA with Comet and another hop this week
That's funny, I was expecting the comet to be danky not the Columbus. I think I wanted more citrus flavor than this. I'm still learning how to get the hop flavors I want with the no chill method

That's funny, I was expecting the comet to be danky not the Columbus. I think I wanted more citrus flavor than this. I'm still learning how to get the hop flavors I want with the no chill method
I find Whirlpooling helps me.
I just throw em in once boil is done let them isomerise and flavour in there and sink down to the bottom until tomorrow.
Then just rack off the top.

I find Whirlpooling helps me.
I just throw em in once boil is done let them isomerise and flavour in there and sink down to the bottom until tomorrow.
Then just rack off the top.
I do a 10-20 minute hop stand after flameout, but I'm racking to the ferm/serving vessel before chilling overnight so the hops can't transfer over with the wort

From Tasting Beer 2nd edition. It takes longer but I like the results
View attachment 19185
That’s pretty interesting. A worthy topic unto itself. The idea of building the foam and releasing some of the excess gas seems like a win win. Too many bubbles always gives me the impression of being “full” long before I’m ready to quit partaking. I now have tomorrow’s project all set. :)

Back