What are you drinking right now?

I shared a bottle with another home brewer, who gave a favorable impression. When he looked at my recipe, he suggested subbing a little Special B in place of some of the Crystal 80. His thought was that would result in some raisiny goodness. Next batch of Man Piss Switch will indeed have some Special B.
I actually used 150 grams (2.5%) of Special B in my version of the Pee.

And that’s it
9E1B018B-815C-4CC4-90D1-C931881861DA.jpeg

I kinda like the ones ya got, mate. Nice and smooth, easy to clean, nowhere for little nasties to hide on polished handles like that.
It's inside the spout that you gotta watch out.
You know I had a piss head of a spider living in one once :p!
Every beer foamed a bit from that tap lol
I found him/her probably her being a spider buy yup had a golden shower every time I pulled a beer:D.

My taps are outside in summer all sorts of creepy crawls get going and love to curl up inside a tap spout for a nap...

I found him/her probably her being a spider buy yup had a golden shower every time I pulled a beer:D.

My taps are outside in summer all sorts of creepy crawls get going and love to curl up inside a tap spout for a nap...
I’ve heard stories of the spiders down under…

Looking great... small bubbles in head too... A lot of my beers seem to create bubbles that are too big! Any ideas out there what can fix this? More wheat etc in the grain bill leading to more proteins in the beer?
Medicine syringe :D.
Wheat malt is a great start I find.

Went to a local joint for some pizza and opted for a throwback. Still holds up just fine, as far as I’m concerned. But what’s with these labels? Where’s the half circle “Moosehead” and the red ribbon below? Is this the same moose, just 40’s year older? When did the 80’s end? :p

DA896D46-260F-4B0F-B1C3-603873D2C437.jpeg

I think a coupla small corks would be in order if I had creepies licing in my taps.

Went to a local joint for some pizza and opted for a throwback. Still holds up just fine, as far as I’m concerned. But what’s with these labels? Where’s the half circle “Moosehead” and the red ribbon below? Is this the same moose, just 40’s year older? When did the 80’s end? :p

View attachment 17893
That is a blast from the past. The crew I hung with in high school (‘84 grad) was all about Moosehead- that was our party beer. I might like to try some, if I could find it.

Medicine syringe :D.
I do that with bitters and stouts sometimes

Water for me. Today at school I took a drink of water from a bottle. I choked a little and started to tell the kids I’m almost 41 and I can’t even drink from a bottle. One of the coughs jerked my back and the disc shifting occurred. So been on my back laying most of the evening. Not as bad as past times. I finished the school day hunched over.

Last edited:

Water for me. Today at school I took a drink of water from a bottle. I choked a little and started to tell the kids I’m almost 41 and I can’t even drink from a bottle. One of the coughs jerked my back and the disc shifting occurred. So been on my back laying most of the evening. Not as bad as past times. I finished the school day hunched over.
:eek: that really sucks. Feel better!

Edit: just opened a honey cream ale
20211020_214454.jpg

Last edited:
Is that kegged or bottled? Looks really good.
Bottled, thank you! This is my last beer brewed with kveik, hopefully.

I should clarify: it's a decent tasting beer but I think it could've been much better with a cleaner yeast

Last edited:

Bloody Nora mate take care.
Here's a little Yoga trick I've learnt for a bung back.
Stand in front of the kitchen bench (hip height)
Make sure no one's watching lol.
Then place your hands shoulder width apart on the edge of bench hands vertical - step back and make sure your hips are pushed back directly above your feet their shoulder width apart as well so your at a 90 angle.
Now push into your hands and up strongly with your thighs stay like this for as long as you can.
Slowly your muscles in your back will stretch and loosen.
When your finished gently step with one leg then the other back to the bench and use arms to stand up again.
You should feel relief instantly in your back ;).

Also good for excess flatulence lol:D:D

Last edited:
I’m drinking a bottle of IPA of the 3 C’s, fermented with Loki (Voss) Kveik. It is a good beer, but it could be so much “cleaner” with something like a Chico strain. I feel like I have given Kveik a fair shake, but I want/expect a beer that is cleaner and clearer than what I have gotten, without temperature control. Fortunately, the weather is cooling, as is the internal temperature of our home. The interior closet under our stairwell that serves as my fermentation chamber is getting cooler as well, meaning I can get back to using Chico strains, or similar.
In the next few days, I will be ready to bottle Herm’s Amber Ale, fermented with WLP090 (San Diego Super Yeast). I am hopeful that the result is a clean, clear beer.

Don't have a pic, but couldn't stave off the temptation to pop the top on one of my latest Oatmeal Stout brews. Put 4 oz of cocoa nibs in the boil this time. Almost like having an oatmeal breakfast with cocoa and coffee. YUM!!!

Back