Random thought for the day

upload_2020-10-17_8-6-2.jpeg
upload_2020-10-17_8-6-2.jpeg

And now the good news! Celebration is now on shelves in Reno and will soon be available in the more central US and Canada. So, even if you're freezing your charookies off, you can kick back with a nice Winter Ale :)

Here is a topical Christmas joke.
Background: In the UK the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has the right to inspect any aircraft in the UK at any time - just in case you didn't know.
It was a few days before Christmas and Santa was in the stable doing some last minute adjustments to his sleigh when there came a knock at the stable door. Santa opened the door to see a smartly dressed man in a grey suit holding a clip board. "Are you Mr S Claus?", said the man. "Yes I am", replied Santa and he stepped back, held the door open and ushered the man into the stable.
The man stepped forward and said, "I am Mr D Graham from the CAA and I have come to inspect your...", and he glanced at his clipboard, "sleigh, Registration Number G-SANT". "I believe you are about to take it out on a long international flight and, as your registration update is due, we thought we had better catch you before the holiday season starts. Are you able to show me your preparations and do a test flight?"
Santa was sure the inspection wasn't due until the following Spring but he was not about to argue with the Inspector, after all, it was getting near Christmas and he could do without the hassle. "Yes of course Mr Graham. Just let me hitch up the reindeer and we can take her out. We can't do a fully loaded trip as I do not have delivery of it yet." "That's OK.", said the Inspector, "I'm just going to my car and I will be with you shortly".
Santa finished hitching up the reindeer and was just getting into the sleigh when he turned to see the Inspector returning from the car with a shotgun over his arm. As the Inspector climbed into the passenger side of the sleigh, Santa turned to him with a concerned look on his face.
"Excuse me for asking ", said Santa, "but why are you carrying a shotgun?" "Well," said the Inspector, " I'm not supposed to tell you this but, you are going to lose an engine on take-off!"

Maybe not so random as it happens almost every day:
What shall I eat tonight ;)

The difference a year makes.
Today we met some friends for a social distance walk through a winter wonderland.

View attachment 14136 View attachment 14137

One year ago...

View attachment 14139 View attachment 14140
Looks a little bit cold today.
I am wearing shorts, a short sleeve shirt and Birkenstock sandals right now in sunny Southern California, while mashing Janet’s Brown Ale. My brew kettle is wrapped up in fleece though, trying to maintain mash temperature.

Back