Home made pizza

My wife and I successfully attempted homemade pizza a second time with a new stone, with delicious results. NY Times recipe for the dough, weighing ingredients, and a YouTube video on dough stretching all worked well.
08708309-B3AB-49A5-ADED-4901D6E38AFC.jpeg

Here is the dough stretching video. Shoulder roll just after 2:30 is impressive.

Here is the dough stretching video. Shoulder roll just after 2:30 is impressive.
Indeed, that shoulder roll is quite something!
I break his number one rule - if needed, I will use a rolling pin to stretch the dough to a uniform thickness.

Those look great!
Are you using your inside oven? Gas or electric? Temp and time?
Yes, inside oven on a pizza stone. I cook them at 550°f in an electric oven set to convect roast mode. Cook for 8 minutes, rotating 180° at the halfway point. I used to cook outdoors on my gas grill (also on a pizza stone), but I found it too hard to maintain any consistency in cooking time from pizza to pizza.

oh this looks good! its been a couple of years since my last dough failure. maybe i'll try again.
What's the worst that could happen...:rolleyes:
.Burn the house down:eek:
.Try that dough spinning trick and get it stuck to the ceiling:D!
.Make pizza that's soo good you won't share it with the family:D!

Its in the fridge. Looks way better than my last effort that kind of poured out of my hand. This ones tight

Anyone else replace the water in the dough with beer? My favorite is to use a nice spicy Belgian Tripel and lemon infused EVOO in the dough.

Anyone else replace the water in the dough with beer? My favorite is to use a nice spicy Belgian Tripel and lemon infused EVOO in the dough.
That sounds interesting. Are you using bread yeast for your dough?

Back