Show us your boil

image.jpg
Wayner’s Pale Ale comes to a boil in my older, smaller kettle. I forgot what a pleasure it is to brew with this 3-gallon kettle. It fits in my oven, and I was able to hold a steady 152*F throughout the mash.

I'm working through the 2nd of 4 recipe kits that I bought, today I brewed the East Coast Blonde ale. Amarillo and Falconers flight hops smell great :D
20210416_130630.jpg

Late boil probably my latest brew session had to go to hospital with the littlen but she's fine.
I'd pretty much reached mash out when it all happened so mash went for 5 hours.
Shady Bohemian hit my pre boil dead set.
20210417_225736.jpg

This one's staying in the kettle tonight till tomorrow morning.

Hoping all is well.

Hefeweitzen this morning,
pitched a new dry yeast WB 06 just to see how it comes out.

View attachment 15292
I've used it once gave good results didn't know it was diastaticus but.

Matilda had a rash all over her she was on antibiotics so as new parents we were a little concerned so too her to emergency to get checked out.
See loved checking out all the people in emergency lifted the mood if you know what I mean:p
All is well this morning thankyou all for you well wishes For Matilda that is;).

Matilda had a rash all over her she was on antibiotics so as new parents we were a little concerned so too her to emergency to get checked out.
See loved checking out all the people in emergency lifted the mood if you know what I mean:p
All is well this morning thankyou all for you well wishes For Matilda that is;).
Glad all is well. The joys of being a parent...just makes you love ‘em even more.

Glad she is ok! Scary anytime a little one is involved.

Yeah, for us that was a looong time ago, but I clearly remember going off to hospital with our kids a few times. Scary for us, but the docs reassured us it was only xxxxx and don't worry it'll all be fine. And it was, thank God.

Glad she's well!

Today I brewed an American Amber ale recipe kit. For those curious about "skimming the hot break", the 2nd pic is what I skimmed off as it reached a full boil.
20210424_102608.jpg
20210424_102640.jpg

Back