Random thought for the day

It's been chilly here too. This is from the weather station on my house. Bloody wind:
View attachment 14181
Doesn't surprise me, I've always heard that Minnesota was settled by a band of wayward Norwegians who couldn't abide the blistering heat of Wisconsin winter.

WIN_20210211_19_40_48_Pro.jpg

Actually only a 1/2" cut on the back of my knuckle.

Long story short, broke my Goose Island glass and have decided that washing dishes outside the controlled environment of my basement brewery is simply too dangerous to me personally...I'm sure the wife and kids will understand.

View attachment 14221

Long story short, broke my Goose Island glass and have decided that washing dishes outside the controlled environment of my basement brewery is simply too dangerous to me personally...I'm sure the wife and kids will understand.
RIP your Goose Island glass. Cuts near joints are the worst. Good luck healing that one man :) Hope it doesn't slow you down too much

View attachment 14221

Bloody knucle stout coming up?

Gotta love Tim Horton's.

Wegman's changed their coffee source or how they are roasting their beans so I thought I'd try their beans recalling how much I liked it during a trip to Upstate NY and through South East Canada ( Niagara..Toronto..Ottawa and Montreal)..Loving my Timmy's now....Hey @Craigerrr ? Hey @Hawkbox ? ....can ya get me a dozen Apple Fritters?

Wegman's changed their coffee source or how they are roasting their beans so I thought I'd try their beans recalling how much I liked it during a trip to Upstate NY and through South East Canada ( Niagara..Toronto..Ottawa and Montreal)..Loving my Timmy's now....Hey @Craigerrr ? Hey @Hawkbox ? ....can ya get me a dozen Apple Fritters?
The best is the Canadian maple but it's not always available at every location. It's basically a cross between a maple dip and a Boston cream

The best is the Canadian maple but it's not always available at every location. It's basically a cross between a maple dip and a Boston cream

Maple and custard....be still my taste buds!! That same trip we learned to bake Salmon with Maple Syrup on it.....and I thought that broiling it with BBQ sauce was the way to go!

View attachment 14221

Genius! A little bit of gauze and I'm all set. Plus I have a history of having issues with sharp objects so my wife and kids would totally buy it.:D

As a Canadian I have to say there is no need to love Tim Hortons. The Brazilian megacorp that bought them turned the food crap a long time ago.

If you are from anywhere in the Niagara region, raise your hand if you know anyone killed on that hellascious highway called the QEW. You can count Tim.

I've just discovered my wife has been buying bottles of wine that only have 4 glasses in in them instead of the usual 6....

I've just discovered my wife has been buying bottles of wine that only have 4 glasses in in them instead of the usual 6....

Are you sure she isn't just drinking out of a bigger glass? :)

I remember when my mother was in her mid 70s and went in for her annual checkup. For as long as I remember she was seldom seen without a small (Maybe 5 oz.) glass of wine close by. Not sure how much she drank but, suffice to say, she never met a wine she didn't like. After the doctor visit, she started drinking her wine out of much larger glasses. When questioned, she told dad, "the doc told me that a glass or 2 of wine per day was fine", so I'm taking his advice. Thought dad was going to piss himself :D:D:D

Are you sure she isn't just drinking out of a bigger glass? :)

I remember when my mother was in her mid 70s and went in for her annual checkup. For as long as I remember she was seldom seen without a small (Maybe 5 oz.) glass of wine close by. Not sure how much she drank but, suffice to say, she never met a wine she didn't like. After the doctor visit, she started drinking her wine out of much larger glasses. When questioned, she told dad, "the doc told me that a glass or 2 of wine per day was fine", so I'm taking his advice. Thought dad was going to piss himself :D:D:D

Lol yes good one. No it was ME drinking the 4 glasses - she's still on the 6 glass bottles

Back