Error: Invalid Hop Use specified: Hop Stand

Northshore

Premium Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a an issue with the hops section of the recipe editor. I was changing the type of hop addition in my recipe from a late addition to a hopstand and now I can't save the changes. I tried everything from removing the hops altogether and adding new ones (fail) to editing the existing ones (fail) to copying the receipe and editing it from there (fail). With the intent of brewing tomorrow I figured I would just reenter the recipe from scratch and as soon as I went to enter my second hop addition the same error. What gives??

For the record, I am using Chrome but I also tried to use MS Edge. Same issue with both browsers.

Just a brief update. My recipe called for hops to be added at flameout as well as during a whirlpool. For the flameout I treated them as a hopstand in the builder initially which caused me all my problems noted in the first post. It seems the recipe builder does not like hopstands right now so I was able to trick it into submission by calling the flameout hops boiling hops and setting the time for 1 minute. It's a workaround for sure but it needs looking at.

Just a brief update. My recipe called for hops to be added at flameout as well as during a whirlpool. For the flameout I treated them as a hopstand in the builder initially which caused me all my problems noted in the first post. It seems the recipe builder does not like hopstands right now so I was able to trick it into submission by calling the flameout hops boiling hops and setting the time for 1 minute. It's a workaround for sure but it needs looking at.

Yes, I'm having the same issue - whirlpool is OK, hopstand is not

@Northshore @Brewer #50698

Apologies for the delay, I've added this forum thread to our internal issue tracker. Unfortunately this does occur on occasion then goes away some short period of time later. I've tested it just now on my account on firefox, chrome, and mobile and cannot get it to occur. I also tested it on your account @Northshore and was unable to reproduce.

Are you still having this issue?

Still happening. I just tried to edit the recipe named New England IPA V.1 (3 Gal) and change the 15 minute whirlpool additions to hopstands and received the same error. I went back to make sure that the temp and utilization fields were also filled and no luck.

Still happening with me - tried 3 different computers

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/1073879

upload_2020-11-7_19-43-0.png

I just started having the same issue now too. "Error: Invalid Hop Use specified"

I backed out all my hop additions and was able to save the recipe. If I go back and add one of my hop additions it goes into error mode and cannot save the recipe.

Using Chrome browser.

I just started having the same issue now too. "Error: Invalid Hop Use specified"

I backed out all my hop additions and was able to save the recipe. If I go back and add one of my hop additions it goes into error mode and cannot save the recipe.

Using Chrome browser.

Can I have a link to the recipe where this is occurring? And the hops you are adding? I want to see if I can recreate it in my account, and also in yours. Thanks!

Is there a solution to the above issue I started having it today?

Is there a solution to the above issue I started having it today?

Generally the issue is that one of the boxes is not filled out. Please double check all of your entries and a screenshot if you're still getting an error would be helpful in finding the solution.

I believe there is still a bug happening with the hop additions. The dry hop choice adds hundreds of IBU's no matter what hop I select. I have tried a number of time but the dry hop selection is not working.

I believe there is still a bug happening with the hop additions. The dry hop choice adds hundreds of IBU's no matter what hop I select. I have tried a number of time but the dry hop selection is not working.

Can you give me a screenshot, or something to show this? A link would be good as well. I can look into this today.

We were able to resolved this, for anyone following along.
Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at all there is a question or an issue with the software. Thanks!

Back