Error: Invalid Hop Use specified: Hop Stand

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by Northshore, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Northshore

Northshore New Member

There seems to be a an issue with the hops section of the recipe editor. I was changing the type of hop addition in my recipe from a late addition to a hopstand and now I can't save the changes. I tried everything from removing the hops altogether and adding new ones (fail) to editing the existing ones (fail) to copying the receipe and editing it from there (fail). With the intent of brewing tomorrow I figured I would just reenter the recipe from scratch and as soon as I went to enter my second hop addition the same error. What gives??

For the record, I am using Chrome but I also tried to use MS Edge. Same issue with both browsers.

Brewer #50698 likes this.
  2. Northshore

Northshore New Member

Just a brief update. My recipe called for hops to be added at flameout as well as during a whirlpool. For the flameout I treated them as a hopstand in the builder initially which caused me all my problems noted in the first post. It seems the recipe builder does not like hopstands right now so I was able to trick it into submission by calling the flameout hops boiling hops and setting the time for 1 minute. It's a workaround for sure but it needs looking at.

Brewer #50698 likes this.
  3. CSH

CSH New Member

Yes, I'm having the same issue - whirlpool is OK, hopstand is not

4. Pricelessbrewing

Pricelessbrewing QA Software Tester
    Staff Member

@Northshore @Brewer #50698

Apologies for the delay, I've added this forum thread to our internal issue tracker. Unfortunately this does occur on occasion then goes away some short period of time later. I've tested it just now on my account on firefox, chrome, and mobile and cannot get it to occur. I also tested it on your account @Northshore and was unable to reproduce.

Are you still having this issue?

5. Northshore

Northshore New Member

Still happening. I just tried to edit the recipe named New England IPA V.1 (3 Gal) and change the 15 minute whirlpool additions to hopstands and received the same error. I went back to make sure that the temp and utilization fields were also filled and no luck.

6. CSH

CSH New Member

7. Pricelessbrewing

Pricelessbrewing QA Software Tester
    Staff Member

8. Greg D

Greg D New Member

It occurs whether you use Hop Stand or not and when you Brew it does not deduct the hops used from Inventory.