I brewed today!

Just brewed indoors myself! Whew. I had actually thought about doing it outside for the first time in like 3 years! So glad I didn't... lol

I spend way too much time indoors so I look forward to brewing outside. Transporting everything up from the basement and out to the back yard is a pain but, there is nothing better than sitting outside next to a brew kettle boiling away! :) Well that's assuming it's not raining or snowing and not single digit or triple digit temperature (Fahrenheit) :eek:

I spend way too much time indoors so I look forward to brewing outside. Transporting everything up from the basement and out to the back yard is a pain but, there is nothing better than sitting outside next to a brew kettle boiling away! :) Well that's assuming it's not raining or snowing and not single digit or triple digit temperature (Fahrenheit) :eek:
I'm an outside/ outdore brewer most the time it's a pleasant affair but yes nature does try her best sometimes to convince me I shouldn't be brewing today lol:D.

First oatmeal stout (all grain kit)

Attachments

• 20200805_142822.jpg
    20200805_142822.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200805_161401.jpg
    20200805_161401.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 65
You catch that link I posted there sunfire?
The lellamand rep and Lars were doing a Q and A on Kviek...
I somehow missed it, that sounds pretty neat! Posted to this thread or somewhere else?

Man! Sure looks cold there, must be, what? Low 20's? When will your winter ever end!
:D YEAH It's Tough Craig someone's gotta do it back in bare feet today bloody splendid weather aye! Pools still a bit cold but:p...

All wrapped up on the brew it's sitting at 32c I'll ramp it up tomorrow. You wouldn't believe it but my starter wort that I pinched from the brew is already fermenting that's not and hour old blood hell.
20200815_124246.jpg

1.048 expected was 1.049;)
Wort tasted nice and malty looking forward to see how the Framgarden handles it's first batch of wort.

Here's that starter already kicking off
20200815_131523.jpg

How's your voss coffee porter doing? Did you have to condition longer than usual for the style?
It is good I am enjoying it from a keg right now. I bottled a good portion of it, and am leaving it until Christmas time.

Back