What's your next brew

Nice, once you go all grain you never go back
Uh, sorry.... Still do the occasional extract batch - kind of a relaxing brew day! Removes some variables so I can troubleshoot the parts of the process downstream of the mash tun as well.

Just finished Muttbrau #1, going to have to stick with ales for a while - no more room in the fridge, too much stuff lagering. If I could get a chance to pick some spruce tips, I might put them in Muttbrau #2 and see what I get....

Why Muttbrau? It's made from the weird mix of grains the LHBS pulled early on in the Covid shutown when they heard the grains I was ordering a bit incorrectly. Yes, I'm cutting the one with five pounds of Crystal for a 5-gallon beer with grains I have here at home. Muttbrau #1's wort had an interesting flavor, lots of caramel-toffee and an earthy addition from the E. Kent Goldings. It's 60 IBUs, an extra 1.25# sugar to cut the "cloying" sweetness from 2.5# of low-Lovibond crystal.

Amazing how fast I went from 3 beers on tap and one ready to keg to just one on tap. Not sure whether we have an alcoholic mouse hiding in the keezer or some strange evaporation effect. Time for a double brew day, or not. A couple of pale ales coming up. One will definitely be brewed tomorrow and the other either tomorrow or Saturday. Wil be kegging the Cream Ale kit beer this evening. Picked up a case of PBR just in case.

@Ozarks Mountain Brew
Screenshot_20200522-182555~2.png

Mash @ 152, and I think this book is based on 65% extract efficiency.

At least it's not a Manky Mandy :D:p!
Or Dirty Mandy or randy Mandy ha ha
Sorry... I love your beer names Bulin;)

I like to have a little fun with the names. If I ever come up with a beer that magically converts Bud Light drinkers, I’ll rename it “The Good Beer”...

Going to be brewing that Layday Lager today as a sorta colab brew with another brewer I've got interested in brewing. I'll split the brew in two Cube half at flame out for him to ferment with the Kviek Skare yeast and I'll continue to chill and ferment with S-182 Swiss lager yeast.
Then there will be some taste test comparrisons on the yeasts.

My last batch I did with Skare Kviek I fermented it at 35c at first it wasn't too lager like but after a few weeks in the keg it really come good and I had another lager s-182 fermented side by side they were almost the same .
And I know that Skare brew was good because that keg kicked pretty quick.

Any how

Changed my mind :confused: Going to hold off on the aniseed myrtle stout and brew this double batch Lager instead any thoughts opinions welcome. The roast barley is for colour and touch of subtle roast character and to dry the beer and ballance the malt...
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/998926/layday-lager
This looks really good! Did you decide to do it? - Oops just realized you did! Sweet! Keep us posted on the results!

I love brewing with friends! Most of mine love to drink the beer but not many want to take the time to make it with me ;)

This looks really good! Did you decide to do it? - Oops just realized you did! Sweet! Keep us posted on the results!

I love brewing with friends! Most of mine love to drink the beer but not many want to take the time to make it with me ;)
Don't do many big batches check it out maxed the kettle here :D. Mash in was tricky have to be extra gentle with the spoon.
20200530_095255.jpg

One thing I'm finding is it's keeping temperature wonderfully.

Yooper’s Oatmeal Stout is ready to be milled.
You will enjoy this one.
I try to stay simple with most of my brews but this is put together well as to make all ingredients bring something to the finish.

Back