Zoom Meeting

I think the reasonable thing to do is not set up a time but just a day and all that wants to join in can, when they can

6pm Pacific
7pm Mountain
8pm Central
9pm Eastern
11am Australia East (the next day)

The UK folks would be looking at 2am, that would probably not be feasible for them

I think this would work best on a Friday or Saturday evening (North America). Since it's the weekend those in Australia could join. Maybe we could have other meeting times that would be good for England/Europe. i.e. [9:00 pm England] = [3:00 pm US Central] = [6:00 am Australia Eastern]. @Trialben & @Mark Farrall...you're up and awake at that hour aren't you? o_O

I think the reasonable thing to do is not set up a time but just a day and all that wants to join in can, when they can
It will not be possible to get everyone, at least not at the same time, but someone has to host a meeting.
If there is a meeting time that works for the UK either AUS, or N America will be sleeping, there is just no way around it.

well I mean a time period, say so may hours long, not all are on at the same time but can join or disconnect if needed, that would solve the time zone issue in the states but not by country

Maybe this would work...
LA 3:00 PM
Denver 4:00 PM
St Lous 5:00 PM
Cambridge 6:00 PM
UK 11:00 PM
Brisbane 8:00 AM

Either Craigerr or barbarian brewers times sounds good to me.

Seems like 9PM Eastern is going to get a little late for folks in the western half of the country. Besides, it seems to me that it ought to be a Happy Hour sort of thing. :)
I'm good for most times but on any given day I'm likely to be cooking dinner between around 6 and 8 PM Central time. I can usually plan around that, though.
Whenever it's happening, I'll definitely try to join in.
Might do to have a regular time weekly or bi-weekly so that folks can jump in occasionally, at least. Maybe everyone who's interested couldn't do it on any particular occasion but over time, everyone would have a chance to "meet" a lot of fellow brewers and eventually everyone would have connected at some point.

And that reminds me of something I've brought up before...a tasting circle wherein we could send samples to one another and set up a time to compare our beers. Logistics get a little tricky, but it can be done.
7:00 pm Mountain. 8 pm in Austin. I'm looking at next Saturday as a first practical date.

Now we're brewing! I was hoping for this weekend but next works too. Saturday is certainly a good day for it. The time zone thing makes my head spin but you all seem to be on it! :) I'll be staying tuned for sure!

And I certainly like JA's idea about tastings. - Tricky, yes. But it could work!

Just settle on a date and time and I'll ring in. If it's at a time that allows me to get my hungry masses fed around here, all the better. We can always make it a pizza night so I can be off duty in the kitchen. :)

I'll join in too. I'm very familiar with M$ teams but not so much with zoom. But I'll figure it out without trouble.

Back