Who do you cheer for?

Ugh don't get me started on the Pac 12 controversies this year
Sadly it’s driven by greed for east coast money from media contracts granted to other conferences. CBS’ contract with the SEC is over this year. I have no clue who’s got it now, but I can see pay per view taking away one of the few sports I bother to watch. I’m guessing ESPN, though. Pretty sure that was a deciding factor for Texas and Oklahoma coming to the SEC.

Sad that media has that much influence on something that turns into big business for universities. Education at universities has taken a back seat to sports and sponsorship. I wonder why tuition is so expensive. (Tongue firmly in cheek).

Wow, guess I should apologize for being happy for my Alma Mater.
Sorry just letting off steam. You have reasons to be proud. I always get mad when groups don't follow their own rules. It is just a pet peeve. Sorry it spilled over.

Last edited:
Sorry just letting off steam. You have reasons to be proud. I always get mad when groups don't follow their own rules. It is just a pet peave. Sorry it spilled over.
I think the only rule they have is best 4…rest is us speculating and going by trends of who usually gets in and doesn’t. not saying they always pick the best 4

14 teams in the Big Ten? must be that new "Common Core Math"
Math, cursive writing, multiplication tables, who need em...
Kidding, just kidding

My bad yesterday for being Debby Downer, and apologies to Road Roach.
My bad for also getting caught up and focusing bad energy on things that don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of life.
No apology needed. Te nada amigo. I probably made a little too much noise not thinking about how much an FSU fan might have felt slighted.

I tend to agree, while I'm pretty excited about going, the way we get there sucks for FSU. But it isn't as bad as it used to be when the old FBS system passed over 13-0 teams in favor of one that had prettier uniforms and a kid on the team or which Bowl game was scheduled for them 2 years before which had little to do with actual capability.

Fire em up all you want, no good wil come at the end...sorry

No apology needed. Te nada amigo. I probably made a little too much noise not thinking about how much an FSU fan might have felt slighted.

I tend to agree, while I'm pretty excited about going, the way we get there sucks for FSU. But it isn't as bad as it used to be when the old FBS system passed over 13-0 teams in favor of one that had prettier uniforms and a kid on the team or which Bowl game was scheduled for them 2 years before which had little to do with actual capability.
That is true about the old system. Everything was always about money, but now it has become just over the top for something that is supposed to be amateur. I will try to watch the FSU/GA game if I am home and the same for the UCF/GA Tech game. But hell, with everything else nutty going on with sports, that Twilight Zone marathon is becoming a better and better option LOL.

That is true about the old system. Everything was always about money, but now it has become just over the top for something that is supposed to be amateur. I will try to watch the FSU/GA game if I am home and the same for the UCF/GA Tech game. But hell, with everything else nutty going on with sports, that Twilight Zone marathon is becoming a better and better option LOL.
What network is carrying that (Twilight Zone marathon)? Wonder if CBS picked that up because they lost the SEC contract this year.
I spent today at school firing up all sides of the debate among coworkers and kids. :D
Bet it was a productive day at school.:oops:
I think the only rule they have is best 4…rest is us speculating and going by trends of who usually gets in and doesn’t. not saying they always pick the best 4
I'm just glad I didn't have to make that decision, but I have to agree that it can't be decided strictly on winning record or historic appearances. Can you claim FSU was a better team than Bama? Who did they beat in their perfect season? Florida? Did they beat Texas? Nope. Georgia? Nope. Anyone that DID beat Georgia, Texas or Bama? Nope. Anyone with a 29-0 record? Nope. If based it strictly on winning record, then that's only fair because of one set of numbers which does not particularly reflect how good the team really is. The rest of the statistics are there to measure the teams, though, and I really want to believe that was part of the deciding factor. It would be completely unfair to ANY team to match them up against monster teams they have little chance of beating. But do I believe that FSU could beat Michigan? Possibly. Washington? Possibly. IIRC, they all had approximately the same depth of season, but NONE was even close to Georgia, Bama, or Texas. In fact, Georgia's depth chart was lower than Bama's, and we beat them. How could anyone argue that Bama didn't deserve one seat? Because Texas beat 'em? But did Texas beat anyone with a 29-0 season? Nope. They beat us with a pretty crappy record (0 wins) after Georgia beat us last year because it was our first game of the season. Not a great start for us, surely. Think they could beat us again? I don't think so, but somehow, I think that's exactly what we're gonna see: a rematch of Texas and Bama.

Next year's bracket will solve some of the decision making, but introduce some new caveats, too. Even with 12 slots, though, there's still more candidates than slots because of the number of conferences. They'll STILL have the selection process which will depend on opinion, not statistics. Should they just use the slots based on team count in each conference? HOW do they fill 12 slots with hundreds of teams competing for them that cannot possibly play enough games in regular season to even begin to make the ranking system based on actual ability? Where the heck did 12 slots come from? Someone's not going to have to play as many games as someone else. Are 4 teams being selected as wildcards to progress to 8 slots? How is that fair in a playoff system? The wildcards have to play one more game than anyone else. One injury in that extra game can make the difference. My cipherin' and gazintas say there's gotta be at least 16 slots for it to be a fair and objective playoff where every team has to win out through 4 games to claim the title.

All this stuff is exactly why I'm not a gambling person.

What network is carrying that (Twilight Zone marathon)? Wonder if CBS picked that up because they lost the SEC contract this year.

I'm just glad I didn't have to make that decision, but I have to agree that it can't be decided strictly on winning record or historic appearances. Can you claim FSU was a better team than Bama? Who did they beat in their perfect season? Florida? Did they beat Texas? Nope. Georgia? Nope. Anyone that DID beat Georgia, Texas or Bama? Nope. Anyone with a 29-0 record? Nope. If based it strictly on winning record, then that's only fair because of one set of numbers which does not particularly reflect how good the team really is. The rest of the statistics are there to measure the teams, though, and I really want to believe that was part of the deciding factor. It would be completely unfair to ANY team to match them up against monster teams they have little chance of beating. But do I believe that FSU could beat Michigan? Possibly. Washington? Possibly. IIRC, they all had approximately the same depth of season, but NONE was even close to Georgia, Bama, or Texas. In fact, Georgia's depth chart was lower than Bama's, and we beat them. How could anyone argue that Bama didn't deserve one seat? Because Texas beat 'em? But did Texas beat anyone with a 29-0 season? Nope. They beat us with a pretty crappy record (0 wins) after Georgia beat us last year because it was our first game of the season. Not a great start for us, surely. Think they could beat us again? I don't think so, but somehow, I think that's exactly what we're gonna see: a rematch of Texas and Bama.

Next year's bracket will solve some of the decision making, but introduce some new caveats, too. Even with 12 slots, though, there's still more candidates than slots because of the number of conferences. They'll STILL have the selection process which will depend on opinion, not statistics. Should they just use the slots based on team count in each conference? HOW do they fill 12 slots with hundreds of teams competing for them that cannot possibly play enough games in regular season to even begin to make the ranking system based on actual ability? Where the heck did 12 slots come from? Someone's not going to have to play as many games as someone else. Are 4 teams being selected as wildcards to progress to 8 slots? How is that fair in a playoff system? The wildcards have to play one more game than anyone else. One injury in that extra game can make the difference. My cipherin' and gazintas say there's gotta be at least 16 slots for it to be a fair and objective playoff where every team has to win out through 4 games to claim the title.

All this stuff is exactly why I'm not a gambling p

All this stuff is exactly why I'm not a gambling person.
SyFy Network for Twilight Zone. They usually do it on NYE and NY Day.

SyFy Network for Twilight Zone. They usually do it on NYE and NY Day.
LOL, I thought you were talking about some kind of themed footrace competition for sports amusement. Never was a huge fan of TZ. For that matter, really didn't watch much TV at all until the last 20 years or so. Was usually busier than a 3-legged cat coverin' up on a marble floor and didn't have time for TV.

LOL, I thought you were talking about some kind of themed footrace competition for sports amusement. Never was a huge fan of TZ. For that matter, really didn't watch much TV at all until the last 20 years or so. Was usually busier than a 3-legged cat coverin' up on a marble floor and didn't have time for TV.
I still remember Dad getting a small black and white Tv for my room when I was about 12. I could get the station from UNC in Chapel Hill. They played Dr Who in the afternoon and if memory serves,Twilight Zone at night.
I liked Twilight Zone and Night Gallery both from the very first time I watched them - Rod Serling had a way of putting things in perspective.
I like a lot of the really old stuff these days, especially the Noir Alley on TCM.
When I was a kid, I was a big Steelers Fan. When I moved to Florida, I always appreciated when the Bucs had a good season.
I used to be a big stock car racing and Mark Martin fan.
I don't know if it is me or the overall greed with the sports anymore. For whatever reason, it isn't a priority anymore.
Maybe when you become an old fart and a Floridian, you don't want anymore avoidable drama?

Last edited:
I still remember Dad getting a small black and white Tv for my room when I was about 12. I could get the station from UNC in Chapel Hill. They played Dr Who in the afternoon and if memory serves,Twilight Zone at night.
I liked Twilight Zone and Night Gallery both from the very first time I watched them - Rod Serling had a way of putting things in perspective.
I like a lot of the really old stuff these days, especially the Noir Alley on TCM.
When I was a kid, I was a big Steelers Fan. When I moved to Florida, I always appreciated when the Bucs had a good season.
I used to be a big stock car racing and Mark Martin fan.
I don't know if it is me or the overall greed with the sports anymore. For whatever reason, it isn't a priority anymore.
Maybe when you become an old fart and a Floridian, you don't want anymore avoidable drama?
I think you pegged it with the greed. I can't stand commercials because most of them insult my intelligence or try to indoctrinate me. It makes watching TV on most of the major networks a very painful experience.

Been a rough season but I think this might finally have been the game where the Sabres get back on track
Screenshot_20231223-071323.jpg

Good to see you Steve, I kind of expected to hear from you here after that game!

The date range on this excludes the "Gretzky Years", he (Gretzky) scored 50 in 39 games one year. Gretzky's era was just a high scoring era period. Matthews is on pace to score 70+ goals this season, rarified air if he continues this pace, and stays healthy.
Screenshot_20231224_102758_Facebook.jpg

Back