What are you drinking right now?

View attachment 27400First bottle of Amber Ale, after one week of conditioning at low 60‘sF ambient temps. It smells wonderful, tastes good, but obviously needs a little more time, as carbonation is not at desired level. I will be sharing some of this with our Friendsgiving hosts tomorrow, but with a caveat - give it some time to come into its own.
I'm sure they'll love it Herm!

Another Foxy Blonde
IMG_20231123_174617_512~2.jpg

Agree that's a Fine looking bevvy Minbari woulda taken some patience and skills to brew that!

Since I wasn't able to make it to the community Zoom meeting (I got the times mixed up) I've decided to crack open a cold Ginger Bee from Crabtree Brewing. It's a Blonde Ale with Honey and Ginger. (Don't mind the Weldwerks glass. I got them at Arc for $1 apiece)
View attachment 27432
There's always next month :cool: .

Looks delicious.

Black IPA
I'm disappointed with how it turned out, but others tell me it is pretty good. Not up to my standards though
View attachment 27428
We are often our own harshest critics. Unfortunately, we tend to know what we're doing, making that criticism valid. Sigh.

Believe me, 18lbs of grain in a 8 gallon pot for a 5 gallon batch was not easy. 1/2" from the top, lol
I reckon keeping it from scorching with that much sugar in it mighta been just as difficult as mashing it. You BIAB, right?

We are often our own harshest critics. Unfortunately, we tend to know what we're doing, making that criticism valid. Sigh.
You give me more credit than due about knowing what I'm doing, LOL. I'm firmly convinced there's a certain amount of magic, luck, and a heaping helping of guesswork involved in this hobby.

I reckon keeping it from scorching with that much sugar in it mighta been just as difficult as mashing it. You BIAB, right?
I do BIAB, but also HERMs recirc. No direct heat

Back