I brewed today!

Looks like it's already gittin down to business. I noticed the levels of the double bubble airlock.
I think that was just pressure from the layer of foam. I shook the fermenter really good after filling. Because I used slurry, I treated this as requiring oxygen. Before heading out to pick up my wife from work, the airlock was showing no activity. As soon as I get back home, I will check for activity.

man your guys are way too clean, all three of you must clean as much as you brew

man your guys are way too clean, all three of you must clean as much as you brew
I clean my stove before I brew. During the brew day, I continuously clean, just to keep things tidy. There is plenty of down time during mashing and boiling, so why not clean up? At the completion of brewing everything is put away, clean and ready for its next use.

Looks like it's already gittin down to business. I noticed the levels of the double bubble airlock.
It took its time to get started, doing pretty much nothing before barely rousing this morning. But now the airlock is bubbling away, and a dark brown Krausen is building. As @Donoroto would say, ain’t yeast wonderful?!
If there wasn’t any activity, I was going to blame Don for suggesting my 7 week old slurry was good to go. But he did not lead me astray.

On a whim I tried this

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1439445/coeliac-extract-beer
Ended up adding 500g of cane sugar to it gravity was a tad low.
Came in posy boil 1.048
20231217_163346.jpg

50g Vic Secret and i ended up 50 g Zamba hop Stand in the keg
20231217_163546.jpg

in the pool overnight
20231217_163913.jpg

Why not that's a big 30000 lt water bath it's at 30c though...
Cheers will see what happens

On a whim I tried this

Came in posy boil 1.048
View attachment 27683
50g Vic Secret and i ended up 50 g Zamba hop Stand in the kegView attachment 27684
in the pool overnight View attachment 27685
That's pretty funny. But practical.

On a whim I tried this

Came in posy boil 1.048
View attachment 27683
50g Vic Secret and i ended up 50 g Zamba hop Stand in the kegView attachment 27684
in the pool overnight View attachment 27685
That should be filled with kegs. You're falling behind.:D

That's one hell of a swamp-cooler you've got there Ben!
I plopped that in there around 430 pm when I went to bed at 930 pm it was all chilled down equal to the swamp

Soooo I think I shall continue with that thar convoluted semi no chill method.

Got it all tucked up in another portable swamp cooler ice bath rig now set to 15psi
20231218_063116.jpg

Brewed a bottom fermenting pale with galaxy and 3470 (not gonna call it a lager). More like lager yeast at 65, like a kolsch but with lots of hops. Gonna dry hop with that Citra hop hash
Galaxy and Citra are a yummy combination. All that beer is gonna need is some reggae music and barbecue.

Back