You know you did it wrong when...

When you're at work and you get sent this pic View attachment 24134
Had them replace the stopper and blow off only for it to blow off again by the time I made it home. Then when I replaced the stopper and blow off the pressure almost forced it off again while I was cleaning up. So I duck taped that SOB on tight and will monitor. I'm now 2/2 for blowing my top when using Nottingham. I purposely used a blowoff tube instead of an airlock after my last experience with it. However I overshot on my volume by half a gallon (boiled on stovetop instead of propane burner cause of frigid temps outside) so I have a lot less head room than I normally do

That's poster material right there!

Somewhere (probably further up in this same thread) I have pictures of my bucket fermenter with it's lid looking like it's about to buckle and fly off. That was also pitched with Nottingham. And here I thought I was prepared this time after that experience. Apparently the "high performance ale yeast" part isn't all just marketing...

IMG_20220109_055255.jpg

I blew up a Fermentor once!

When you come from the LHBS and open the freezer to put away the pound each of Centenial and Chinook you bought, only to realize that you already have a pound each of Centenial and Chinook... a happy accident

When you come from the LHBS and open the freezer to put away the pound each of Centenial and Chinook you bought, only to realize that you already have a pound each of Centenial and Chinook... a happy accident

it doesn't go bad air tight and frozen, just brew more lol

When you decide to make some candy sugar in the slow cooker overnight.
It went from this
20230314_210914.jpg

To this
20230315_051609.jpg

Holly crap batman:eek:

This is what I saw when I woke up and my nose hairs are still singed from the acrid smell:p

Good thing wife don't know about it at this stage lol but that there is gunna be a bitch to clean :eek::eek::eek:

I wasn't expecting that !

I added some calcium chloride and calcium sulphate and yeast nutrient to the sugar thinking ah it'll be good for the yeast when I add it to the brew maybe this had a reaction with the sugar syrup mix.

I didn't add any acid to the sugar to invert ither anyhow "if" I try this again it'll be in the daytime so I can monitor the cooking:)

When you decide to make some candy sugar in the slow cooker overnight.
It went from thisView attachment 24622
To thisView attachment 24623
Holly crap batman:eek:

This is what I saw when I woke up and my nose hairs are still singed from the acrid smell:p

Good thing wife don't know about it at this stage lol but that there is gunna be a bitch to clean :eek::eek::eek:

I wasn't expecting that !

I added some calcium chloride and calcium sulphate and yeast nutrient to the sugar thinking ah it'll be good for the yeast when I add it to the brew maybe this had a reaction with the sugar syrup mix.

I didn't add any acid to the sugar to invert ither anyhow "if" I try this again it'll be in the daytime so I can monitor the cooking:)
For the rest of my days a seeing a slow cooker will make me think of you Ben!

For the rest of my days a seeing a slow cooker will make me think of you Ben!
Well then I now consider this a success :D!

Will do this again on the weekend and check in every hour or so oh and I won't add the other chemicals to the sugar just sugar and water at this stage.

Since my last one was a dumper. My taps have run dry as well...

When you try to ferment a small amount in a PET bottle using a carb cap with long tube connected and a spunding valve and you release the pressure and it blows back into the valve. I had to take it all apart and do some cleaning.

Back